Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

People forget that in the Motherwell game we only improved once he was forced to make a change. Before that with Jig in midfield we were poor.

I agree. He shows constant loyalty to the likes of McCulloch and Black, but the boys who have been making the difference are The young ones. What did Hutton do to be out the squad? Or Naismith?

He's not the man for the job. Lack of ideas, lack of imagination and lack of man management skills to motivate the team is killing us.

If he continues as manager his legendary status will be forgotten. The man is killing us the now.

Guest rab haw

Three away draws and now a bloody defeat to a bottom of the league team whose manager was not even at the game! Is Walter interested in coming back?

Ally still has my full backing despite today's poor result.

He really does need to think long and hard about his team selections and tactical changes though. One glaring example is there's no bloody way that Jig should be getting moved back into midfield during a match unless it's an emergency caused by a central midfielder getting injured and there's no direct replacement sitting on the bench. If he starts up front and gets replaced by another striker, then Jig should be moving to the bench, not back into midfield.

He really does need to think long and hard about his team selections and tactical changes though. One glaring example is there's no bloody way that Jig should be getting moved back into midfield during a match unless it's an emergency caused by a central midfielder getting injured and there's no direct replacement sitting on the bench. If he starts up front and gets replaced by another striker, then Jig should be moving to the bench, not back into midfield.

Everybody and there Granny can see that Zappa except Ally and his two pals, and if he hasn't seen it by now I doubt he ever will.

Honest question Zappa, why? Are there actually football reasons for you thinking he's the right man or is it about sentiment?

What has Ally done as a manager to deserve your or anyones backing?

He should go and learn his trade in the lower leagues in England and come back here when he's learnt a thing or 6. He's risking his legendary status right now.