Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I have to day I see no evidence super is learning either. the same problems we saw in his opening 3 friendlies 18 months ago are still evident week in week out.

this is one of the most worrying of facts. and that is what it is, a fact. he is not learning. he is not progressing. he is not improving.

Prior to this season Perry had hardly played a competitive match for Rangers, loan spells at League Two (4th division in old money) Oxford Utd and 1st Div Falkirk being his career so far. Hutton likewise has barely played for Rangers, 7 SPL matches most from the bench with loan spells at 1st Div Partick Thistle and relegated Dunfermline. Both are better than Div 3 but they are not SPL class and certainly don't have much experience of that level. The others are teenagers thrown in because needs must. At times they really look the part, but like all young players they make mistakes and drift in and out. I think they all look like they have potential to become very good players but they aren't yet.

ICT are having a good season, after the second goal the gulf became apparent, it looked like a 3rd division side against an SPL one, which it was.

Now it is you who is being generous. McCoist's goalscoring ability was most certainly not there for anyone to see in his early years at Ibrox. He looked a poor player in a poor side. He was young though, he had that. Management isn't just about tactical nouse, it's about character too. His playing career demonstrates his character that's why it is relevant. I don't know if he can go on to be a great manager I think it is too early to tell.

With hindsight we made the wrong appointment in Wallace but few felt that was the case at the time. I only mentioned it to caution those clamouring for change, change is no guarantee that things will get better. We may yet win this league comfortably. We sit top despite not playing that well, the novelty of playing against Rangers won't be as strong now, our better fitness and professionalism should start to show in the next few months. I still think we're on course to win this league with a good bit to spare.

12 SPL games where no fans seemed to think he looked out of place seems a decent enough indication Perry is good enough, Hutton similar and he didn't do too badly at all against Man Utd, perhaps they'd not charge us towards the SPL title but not good enough to compete against Inverness at Ibrox and stand out in the third division? Do me a favour. Auchenhowie is geered towards producing players to play for Rangers in the top flight, Ally has insisted they were looking at the likes of Macleod and McKay even before the relegation, frankly it's about time we started being able to use players from it.

You have to be joking amms, you really see us as just another third division side?

Unless the stats i'm reading are wrong Ally scored 20 goals in his first season at Rangers, 18 in his second. Improvement to be had i'm sure and his totals became much better but that seems pretty obvious the talent was there. In 15 months i'd have expected to be encouraged by something, even at the start of this season I hoped being in the lower divisions could be the making of him as a manager but it's not happening. From that day at Brechin it's been a struggle, even the heavy home wins were very laboured at times. Motherwell has been the only real top class display.

Sure, but you just have to trust the board to make the right appointment, you don't not do things in life just because it may not work out, nothing is guaranteed. There's plenty of counter examples in football where changing manager has worked, but if we do win the league with ease his position won't be under immediate threat.

The ICT team is full of SPL quality players, ours isn't. There is a big gap between youth internationals and top flight football. A look at who has been capped at youth level and didn't go on to make much of a career tells you all you need to know.

I think it is unrealistic to expect us to beat 5th in the SPL. Football allows for the unexpected, for the upset, but normally the the best teams win.

that is nonsense amms. i am sorry but that is absolute garbage. do you want to compare players man for man? we have the second best bunch of players in scotland, by a distance. man for man comparisons with any team bar celtic.

then at very least we are getting horrendous value for money because as I say their turnover is 3.4 million.

butcher was laughing on the radio pre match about the gulf in quality between the two teams. he knows we have the better players, and he said he wishes he had the money ally has to play with.

Interestingly enough one of the 'SPL quality players' is Andrew Shinnie, an Auchenhowie player we let go.

But of course, none of our youngsters are possibly good enough for the SPL or even able to stand out in the bottom tier.

a player with technical ability sir walter didnt fancy. :(

12 SPL games where no fans seemed to think he looked out of place seems a decent enough indication Perry is good enough, Hutton similar and he didn't do too badly at all against Man Utd, perhaps they'd not charge us towards the SPL title but not good enough to compete against Inverness at Ibrox and stand out in the third division? Do me a favour. Auchenhowie is geered towards producing players to play for Rangers in the top flight, Ally has insisted they were looking at the likes of Macleod and McKay even before the relegation, frankly it's about time we started being able to use players from it.

You have to be joking amms, you really see us as just another third division side?

Unless the stats i'm reading are wrong Ally scored 20 goals in his first season at Rangers, 18 in his second. Improvement to be had i'm sure and his totals became much better but that seems pretty obvious the talent was there. In 15 months i'd have expected to be encouraged by something, even at the start of this season I hoped being in the lower divisions could be the making of him as a manager but it's not happening. From that day at Brechin it's been a struggle, even the heavy home wins were very laboured at times. Motherwell has been the only real top class display.

Sure, but you just have to trust the board to make the right appointment, you don't not do things in life just because it may not work out, nothing is guaranteed. There's plenty of counter examples in football where changing manager has worked, but if we do win the league with ease his position won't be under immediate threat.

the players are easily SPL quality.