Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

like what? both managers have lost the dressing, both managers suffered several embarassing defeats, both have admitted they dont know how to fix the problems and both are starting to split the fans.

You're pointing out a couple of similarities, but there's a hell of a lot more differences. It's also worth noting that Walter Smith suffered embarassing defeats and started to split the fans on more than one occassion!

aye plg was a manager.

Do you know Gunslinger I was over the moon when we appointed PLG , I couldnt believe that we could attract anyone with his pedigree and standing to Ibrox ,however very quickly after his arrival a very good friend on the staff was telling me he was absolutely out his depths.

His coaching and his backroom staff were useless ,his attention to nutrition and rehydration were against all known medical practises at that time as water was the only fluid allowed .

What PLG has achieved after he left us has backed this up ,he has failed in every single role he has taken up .

We need a young coach with his own thoughts and football philosiphy , someone who is not constrained by "the Rangers way " winning is ultimately important but the next3 years are vital.

Ally will be here at least till next summer and the IPO is out of the way , anyone who thinks he is going to get sacked is deluded

You're pointing out a couple of similarities, but there's a hell of a lot more differences. It's also worth noting that Walter Smith suffered embarassing defeats and started to split the fans on more than one occassion!

i hope you are not assuming that i hail walter as some sort of top class manager. my initial reply made no mention of smith so to bring him up is needless. my comparison was plg which i think is fair, you dont. fair enough.

Where has all the " lost the dressing room stuff come from " or is it yet another internet rumour now appearing as fact

i think people are seeing what is going on on the pitch and putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4. to say these players are playing for their manager is lunacy.

I've nothing against people doubting Ally - I do so myself. That's a lot different to a lot of the unfair abuse he's getting. Where am I being unreasonable? Or am I just supposed to join in with the mob? I may be acerbic at times but in case you didn't notice I get a lot of abuse aimed at me - for being positive about Rangers.

I do understand the frustration - I'm frustrated, but don't see the need to throw the toys out of the pram.

I don't think we really knew what le Guen was doing - I don't think he had much of a clue. You don't change one thing into another without know how it works in the first place - not when you want it to work during the transition. If he wanted to do the job then he should have committed to Rangers and removed Ferguson. He walked away instead.

Maybe this is where I find it unfair criticism - how has Ally had 15 months to develop a side? He lost 30 players in the summer - you don't think that restarts the clock? That's incredibly harsh.

Yeah, you don't think I'm allowed to have mine, eh? People are incredibly precious on opinions but most opinions are based on a load of bollocks. If you can't defend your opinion in a debate then how much is your opinion worth? Too many people have a certain opinion formed and when asked why, they basically say, "because I said so".

If you value your opinion then allow it to be questioned and see if you can find the right answer. Sometimes through this we find a better opinion. It's like a free upgrade. Maybe you'll convince me, you never know. But like I said, I've no need for Ally to prove me right as I've made no prediction - if he fails I will not be wrong in any way. I just fight for fairness and you've shown even in your last post, that you're not always what I consider fair.

I think we just disagree there as well when it comes to what terms abuse, much of the stuff being banded about right now it that he isn't good enough for the job, has no idea and should go. I don't really view calling someone clueless abuse, I've called myself worse things, it's maybe brutally honest but abuse no. If there were people going about calling him 'fat' or 'sally' like Celtic fans i'd totally agree with you but not one person has gone down that route thankfully. I haven't even seen someone say 'Ally GTF'.

I see it more as letting off steam.

I was hardly an advocate for Le Guen staying myself and who knows what would have happened, but I do think all managers should be judged the same way, whether it's a club legend or a random frenchman.

It didn't restart the clock, it did give him a fresh start to try again after it went wrong before, something I was happy for him about. I even shrugged off the Brechin and Peterhead games as early teething problems, but we're 17 games in now I think and nothing much is changing. So while some things may have changed in terms of the league we're in and playing staff it still totals to 15 months of poor football, signings and results. A manager should be able to translate his methods even in different enviornment, that's why clubs sign new managers after all, to do the same job they did at their previous club(s). I know you push how much the squad is different but you need to balance that out about how the level we're playing at is different.

Maybe i've been fairer now? :)

The problem could be he never had the dressing room to start with, I still hear players calling him Ally. I still say Ally's biggest problem is his need to be liked and be one of the boys, well ain't one of the boys anymore he's the gaffer and the first thing I ever learned about being in charge was you will never please everybody all the time and you will hurt people's feelings when they need a kick up the arse.

The problem could be he never had the dressing room to start with, I still hear players calling him Ally. I still say Ally's biggest problem is his need to be liked and be one of the boys, well ain't one of the boys anymore he's the gaffer and the first thing I ever learned about being in charge was you will never please everybody all the time and you will hurt people's feelings when they need a kick up the arse.

he is terrified to hurt certain players feelings, maybe his naivity has him thinking that player will resent him. poor management either way.