Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

MacLeod is a far better player than Hutton.

Hutton makes McCulloch look mobile

i respectfully disagree.

being mobile isnt always a good thing. players with mobility often turn into headless chickens. i think lewis is vastly over rated amonst our fans desperate for new heros. for me, he offers us nothing. craig sums up the comparison perfectly.

mcleod is more mobile, he passes better, hes got a better tough and a better shot.

hes not as strong as hutton but then hes 3 or 4 years younger. by the time mcleod is 21 he will be almost immeasurably better than hutton. huttons been better than black in the games ive seen both so far btw.

No it doesnt. When was the last time the Yankees won the World Series ?

I might be reading it wrong but according to Wikipedia it was 2009.

They were division champions in 2012, 2011, 2009, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1996.

American League champions in 2009, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1996.

Apart from that, they suck... :whistle:

How about those Romans?

• 3 weeks later...
I might be reading it wrong but according to Wikipedia it was 2009.

They were division champions in 2012, 2011, 2009, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1996.

American League champions in 2009, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1996.

Apart from that, they suck... :whistle:

How about those Romans?

or, to put it another way, the biggest, richest sports franchise in the world has won The Big One once in the past decade. Their victories in the AL East are of little real value since they only ever play against one opposing team of quality at a time (usually the Red Sox).

More indicative is their performance in the AL championship series against the winners of the other AL divisions. In all that time they have reached the World Series twice - once fewer than the St Louis Cardinals and the San Francisco Giants and the same number of times as the Phillies, Rangers and Tigers - all much smaller teams. Unlike the EPL, you can't buy your way to success in Baseball because the playing field is so comparatively level....because the money is shared around more evenly and the leagues are designed to promote competition (see their draft system).

Scottish football should look at how MLB organises itself if it wants to see how to run a sport properly.

more proof today he is not the man for the job. absolutely clueless. its as if he doesnt know what to do or what isnt working during a game. dreadful stuff.

I was checking the scores late last night while watching the BPL games and saw 0-0 at half time before nodding off.....my thoughts were I wonder if the occasion of 140 years got in the way of McCoists preparations etc. It might be unlikely but my thoughts were he would have a lot of people to meet and greet so possibly took the eye off the ball. Anyway saw the result in the morning but havent read about the performance.

I was checking the scores late last night while watching the BPL games and saw 0-0 at half time before nodding off.....my thoughts were I wonder if the occasion of 140 years got in the way of McCoists preparations etc. It might be unlikely but my thoughts were he would have a lot of people to meet and greet so possibly took the eye off the ball. Anyway saw the result in the morning but havent read about the performance.

we were very poor.