Ian Black called up to Scotland squad

Guest Bluenose80

Levein like his employers is a hypocrite. Spouts off about players signing for Rangers not being considered for international selection and suddenly its ok again because it suits him.

It is a step down at the national team given the coaching dream team of levein and "housty " . I really don't see what a decent player can gain from the set up other than some sightseeing and shirt swapping .

Guest Bluenose80

[sOUNDCLOUD][/sOUNDCLOUD]

It is a step down at the national team given the coaching dream team of levein and "housty " . I really don't see what a decent player can gain from the set up other than some sightseeing and shirt swapping .

Have to laugh at Levein's claim that leaving Rangers has given Naismith, Whittaker and McGregor a shot a playing in Brazil. They will only be in Brazil if they go as pundits.

Ive always still remained strong when it comes to the National team but Levein is now making this very tricky for me to get behind them. I have always respected good quality players in the past regardless even if they played for Celtic but these days I am struggling to name or recognise more than half the squad. Plus if Whittaker and Naismith are now in the team I cant say I want success for them either.

SFA and Scottish Football - Going backwards very fast.

Who will be playing left back for the Scots?

Wonder whether Black will be forced to play for his country and the association who supported us so much.

IT should have been a day to remember for Danny Fox.

It turned out to be one he couldn’t forget.

The former Celtic left-back earned a dream call-up for Scotland against Wales back in November 2009.

But in the space of a nightmare 45 minutes his debut turned into a disaster as Wales romped into a 3-0 lead.

Fox and his shell-shocked Scotland team-mates left the Cardiff City Stadium pitch at the break with Tartan Army jeers of ‘Burley, Burley get to f***’ ringing in their ears.

And the furious support got their wish three days later when Burley was sacked.

Since then Fox has been in the international wilderness and he admits he feared his Scotland dream was over.

But the Southampton left-back has been recalled for Wednesday’s friendly with Australia.

And he revealed: “I’m not the type who is going to be satisfied with one cap just so I can say I’ve played for my country. That’s not my mentality.

“I want to win lots of caps for Scotland. But there were times when I did fear I was going to just have the one.

“I always held out hope I would get the call again. It was always there in the back of my mind.

“There were times last season when I’d put together a run of decent games for Southampton and I knew a Scotland game was coming up. I’d always look at the squad in the hope of being in it.

“But the longer time went without me getting back in, the more I feared I might have had my chance.

“I don’t think it was something that figured in the Southampton manager Nigel Adkins’ thoughts. I don’t even know if he knows I’m Scottish!

“That day in Cardiff was such a strange one. I was buzzing to get my first cap, then 45 minutes later it was such a low. Everything that could go wrong, seemed to.It was a real bad day.

“Soon afterwards George lost his job and I was never really mentioned again.”

Fox was at Celtic when he made his sole international appearance but moved on to Burnley before joining Saints for £1.8million in August 2011.

Now he’s looking forward to winning cap No2 at Easter Road.

He said: “I was buzzing when it was confirmed I’d been named. I’m really looking forward to coming back up to Scotland for the game.

“I had a good run of games last season and Southampton had a successful campaign, so that’s obviously brought me back to Craig Levein’s attention.

“I’ve waited a long time to get back in. I just hope it’s not another three years before I get another chance!”