Ian Black called up to Scotland squad

The English love-in is a reference to the number of Gers fans that choose to wear England strips? Why not aslo wear Wales strips? It just doesn't make any sense to me

I don't see that many personally, and maybe at least some of them are english? We do have plenty of supporters there after all, not sure there is in Wales.

Any Scot who wants England to do well must have an incredibly thick skin. To me, it's a bit like wanting Celtic to win all their games in the SPL because like us, they are from Glasgow.

Fair enough, support a GB team as that includes us - and is like supporting Scotland even if it is mostly made up of Celtic players, but supporting your local and biggest rivals who are also the country which holds yours in the most contempt and are your biggest insulters, is a very strange to me.

Basically England is to Scotland as Celtic is to Rangers.

Yeah, I see what you're getting at. I don't feel England are my team - but I don't hate them either. I generally want all the home nations to do okay.

And I've actually got nothing against the Republic of Ireland as a team either, or their Irish fans. You should support the country you live in, that's fine - but we've become pariahs in Scotland and it's difficult to support the national side when the majority of other Scotland fans hate you.

Basically, I feel like an outsider in international football - but it's not much of a loss since Scotland are rotten and never get to major finals these days anyway. It's got to the stage were I actually wish there was a permanent Team GB (that had Scottish representation). Not going to happen though.

You make some fair points. Call me a saddo but personally I couldn't give a monkeys how NI, Wales and ROI get on in football or in any sport tbh. They mean nowt to me. To probably cement my "sadness", I do take a passing interest in the England team and want to see them beaten in every game. It's not born out of hatred or any anti-English feeling, it's just footballing rivalry. I was brought up a Scottish fan by my father who was a Rangers and Scotland fan and much of our football heritage was the rivalry between England & Scotland (the oldest International game in the world).

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

I don't see that many personally, and maybe at least some of them are english? We do have plenty of supporters there after all, not sure there is in Wales.

I've met plenty of Rangers fans who for some reason have decided to sport English colours and they have all been born and bred Glaswegian Scots. It's truly bewildering

Any Scot who wants England to do well must have an incredibly thick skin. To me, it's a bit like wanting Celtic to win all their games in the SPL because like us, they are from Glasgow.

Fair enough, support a GB team as that includes us - and is like supporting Scotland even if it is mostly made up of Celtic players, but supporting your local and biggest rivals who are also the country which holds yours in the most contempt and are your biggest insulters, is a very strange to me.

Really, I have to say Cal I would never have used that comparison. I actually wanted England to do well in the Euros this time because for once the pundits played down all the usual hype. I've never wanted to see Celtic win anything in fact I take unbelievable pleasure in them getting beat.

I've met plenty of Rangers fans who for some reason have decided to sport English colours and they have all been born and bred Glaswegian Scots. It's truly bewildering

I know a couple of mates who chucked all things Scotland team after the way the SFA handled the Big Dunc fiasco and will never watch another Scotland game.

I know a couple of mates who chucked all things Scotland team after the way the SFA handled the Big Dunc fiasco and will never watch another Scotland game.

Fair enough if your peeved with the SFA et all but for some people take that resentment further by then endorsing our ancient International rivals is bonkers

I don't see that, the 'rivalry' is incredibly one sided, no way do England fans have as much desperation for Scotland to fail as the other way round. Never come across 'anyone but Scotland' campaigns for example.

I'm half English so therefore I consider them my second national team, and since Scotland never get to tournaments it's them I end up wanting to do well at World Cups and Euros.

I don't see that, the 'rivalry' is incredibly one sided, no way do England fans have as much desperation for Scotland to fail as the other way round. Never come across 'anyone but Scotland' campaigns for example.

I'm half English so therefore I consider them my second national team, and since Scotland never get to tournaments it's them I end up wanting to do well at World Cups and Euros.

Of course it's one sided but you cannot argue with history. It is the oldest international rivalry in the world football. We may not have the platform to play these games anymore but I for one can remember the build up to the England being one of the highlights of the season.

And for the record, this "one sided" rivalry has a pretty even stat breakdown. From the 110 games, England have won 45 and Scotland have won 41