Ian Black called up to Scotland squad

It used to be the case (and not that long ago!) that you could simultaneously be proud to be Scottish and proud to be British without any conflict or controversy. That's how it still ought to be.

It seems these days, though, that to be pro-Scottish you have to be anti-British. You could argue exactly why that might be the case for a long time.

It used to be the case (and not that long ago!) that you could simultaneously be proud to be Scottish and proud to be British without any conflict or controversy. That's how it still ought to be.

It seems these days, though, that to be pro-Scottish you have to be anti-British. You could argue exactly why that might be the case for a long time.

I also fear that many Gers have turned their backs on Scotland and went down the Pro-British route just to get up "them" as many Celtic fans have upped the anti on their "Irishness" over the last few decades IMO.

Guest TheMainEvent

For years we have had it rammed down our throats how well behaved, friendly and loyal the tartan army are. Last night showed their true colours. As the saying goes 'no one likes us, we don't care'. Craig Levine's comment about being entitled to their opinion showed how good a manager he is.

For years we have had it rammed down our throats how well behaved, friendly and loyal the tartan army are. Last night showed their true colours. As the saying goes 'no one likes us, we don't care'. Craig Levine's comment about being entitled to their opinion showed how good a manager he is.

Let's not forget the shameful Gary McCallister episode from the late 90's. I was at Parkhead that night when he got booed off the pitch and was truly dissapointed and embarrassed

Used to be a very proud Scot who loved that he lived in a great union like the UK, now I'm embarrassed by the backward wee nation of my birth and the way anything British is looked at like a piece of filth while the country panders to terrorist loving plastic paddy halfwits and last night just showed the world what this country has become.

God forbid that wee fat muppet Salmond gets his wish and we break the Union.

I also fear that many Gers have turned their backs on Scotland and went down the Pro-British route just to get up "them" as many Celtic fans have upped the anti on their "Irishness" over the last few decades IMO.

Not even close to the same thing, plastic paddies are glorifying in a foreign country.

Britian is britain and we're part of that.

Not even close to the same thing, plastic paddies are glorifying in a foreign country.

Britian is britain and we're part of that.

How do you equate the English love in then? And don't give me the British thing. Why is there not the same love in with Wales? It's merely done to get up the noses of "them" and it is truly pathetic

How do you equate the English love in then? And don't give me the British thing. Why is there not the same love in with Wales? It's merely done to get up the noses of "them" and it is truly pathetic

Describe to me the English love in? The flag is British, the songs are British, end of.

Yeah' date=' I see what you're getting at. I don't feel England are [i']my [/i]team - but I don't hate them either. I generally want all the home nations to do okay.

And I've actually got nothing against the Republic of Ireland as a team either, or their Irish fans. You should support the country you live in, that's fine - but we've become pariahs in Scotland and it's difficult to support the national side when the majority of other Scotland fans hate you.

Basically, I feel like an outsider in international football - but it's not much of a loss since Scotland are rotten and never get to major finals these days anyway. It's got to the stage were I actually wish there was a permanent Team GB (that had Scottish representation). Not going to happen though.