Charles Green: There is an 'agenda' against Rangers in Scottish football

Sounds like a good reason for it.

Why should we be limited to red and black? The whole thing is about selling strips and maximising our revenue. I think orange strips look brilliant and the oranje cup final was wonderful. I don't see why we should be prevented from having them just because of the actions of a few of our support.

Where do you draw the line with preventing certain fans flaunting their "religious" and "political" views? Do we stop all singing at the stadium? Do we take down the pictures of the Queen in the dressing room? Perhaps take down the Union Flag? They will find ways to do it whatever the club does and having orange strips is the least of our worries.

You say all this but when our manager or CEO or owner says something a bit controversial and potentially inflammatory, you are one of the ones who gets straight on their back. I'm not saying that is wrong, but it is very inconsistent.

I think a sensible person who knows about right or wrong knows about acting in a decent way. There is a difference in standing for your beliefs without harm to people and just doing something irrelevant to antagonise people. I'm sure you know that.

Anyway, I really don't know why we want to look like Dundee Utd. I have the original orange top but rarely wear it for one main reason - when I play football, you don't get four other guys turning up in orange tops. I find red, white, black or blue tops much more useful in that regard.

Our fans have never got away with singings songs people don't like, there's a reason TBB has hardly been heard of for years.

Certain others get away with terrorist glorifying of course.

I'm pretty sure if we cleaned up our act completely that the spotlight would start to turn on them. it's the best way of "winning" but our fans just don't seem to have that winning mentality, which is why we've been trounced in this regard for years.

And where did "no-one likes us we don't care" fit into that?

Our fans have been far from good and far from dignified.

That may be so but we have been beaten by a far larger stick than ANY other club in the country. Celtic, just for example, have had multiple pitch invasions, have hit multiple players with foreign objects, have hit more than one ref with foreign objects, have even thrown themselves from the stand.

Yet there seems to be far more made out of "Rangers have cut the Ibrox pitch into a sash, it is apalling, bigotted behaviour" than the jolly craicsters from the East End.

Our custodians played the "dignified silence" card and it has, as STB says, gotten us absolutely nowhere.

I dont have an issue with an Orange strip, what is the problem with it ? And no, I have no OO affiliations at all - it would merely be yet another strip for me to buy and there wouldnt even be a "getting one over" on any other club. Some of us just dont mind the 3rd strip being "different" is all. That said, if it is hideous I wont be buying it. The better question is why do we even have a 3rd strip ? It used to be the European strip but we certainly dont need that anytime soon.

Mr green needs our money just now. I will be more interested in his actions after the season books are sold and the share issue is over than his words before.

that's why I said previously it would be better to go game by game than season book. keeps people honest.

You say all this but when our manager or CEO or owner says something a bit controversial and potentially inflammatory, you are one of the ones who gets straight on their back. I'm not saying that is wrong, but it is very inconsistent.

I think a sensible person who knows about right or wrong knows about acting in a decent way. There is a difference in standing for your beliefs without harm to people and just doing something irrelevant to antagonise people. I'm sure you know that.

Anyway, I really don't know why we want to look like Dundee Utd. I have the original orange top but rarely wear it for one main reason - when I play football, you don't get four other guys turning up in orange tops. I find red, white, black or blue tops much more useful in that regard.

Not everyone only uses the top to play footy though.

I'm pretty sure if we cleaned up our act completely that the spotlight would start to turn on them. it's the best way of "winning" but our fans just don't seem to have that winning mentality, which is why we've been trounced in this regard for years.

Our fans could have been angels and the hatred would be the same, whatever they say it's deeper than a few songs.

Mr green needs our money just now. I will be more interested in his actions after the season books are sold and the share issue is over than his words before.

that's why I said previously it would be better to go game by game than season book. keeps people honest.

So I should sacrifice my seat i've had for years based on the square root of eff all?

How often do you hear banned songs from Rangers fans ? And by that I mean singing the banned words ? because I now hear those songs but when it gets to the FTP or ****** wording the fans mostly either go silent or use "sshhhhh" in its place.

Compare and contrast to the IRAoke that is belted out across SPL grounds from our friends in the East End.

Then compare and contrast to the media coverage of same.

The media will dictate whether we have cleared up our act or not. Just ask Graham Spiers who somehow heard TBB at Ibrox last week whilst many of his fellow journo's didnt. The same Graham who NEVER hears any IRAoke-fest at Parkhead despite every man, woman and child hearing it clear as day.

So should we have a F*** the Pope stand and "up to our knees in F***** blood" black puddings with "the famine's over" baked potatoes so as to pander to some of our fans and not pander to theirs?

Eh? So a colour means the same as FTP? LMAO (LOL may be misconstrued :D). An over-exaggeration.

I wear blue and orange ties. What does that prove? I also wear some green ties. Neither say anything about religion.

I thought Glasgow buses looked brilliant when they were orange and far better than when they were green and yellow. Nothing to do with religion. Nothing to do with what football team I support. I just like the colour on certain occasions. It's bright. It's cheerful. It can look good.

I still fail to see why we should be prevented from having orange strips and why if we have them we are not being "good". Surely we can try and take the colour and move it away from only being associated with the Orange Lodge. Again I'll say, it's only a colour. The fact that people of either side can't disassociate it with a relatively insignificant religious organisation says something about them.

Diplomacy? As in not criticising Regan and Doncaster? Turning the other cheek to all the clubs that shafted us? Allowing the press to set the agenda, whether it be on our strips or anything else. Been there. Done that. Got shafted. F**k diplomacy.

Class? I don't see that having orange in our strips affects our class, in the same way as it didn't if we had purple or mauve. I will not allow my views of a colour to be dictated by mopes or neds.