Good news. Yes it is an opportunity for Ashley to make money but it is also a good opportunity for Rangers. He wasn't everyone's cup of tea at Newcastle but he has turned them round on and off the park. In particular the scouting system at Newcastle seems to be working wonders.

Read some of the Mhanks on The Herald website whinging that Ashley makes money by exploiting Far East sweatshops/markets. They were then reminded that their own strips are not made by cute little nuns in shamrock laden cottages but by Nike' date=' a company that has been derided for their exploitation of sweat shops and dubious employment practices in the Far East... Still waiting on a reply.

It makes me chuckle how far these muppets will go to find a negative in every Rangers story...[/quote']

Ah, when we wore Nike the sweatshops of Asia were a then major concern of a certain Brian Wilson (then an MP) but low and behold now he's a director at the Piggery everything's hunky dory regarding Nike.

Ah, when we wore Nike the sweatshops of Asia were a then major concern of a certain Brian Wilson (then an MP) but low and behold now he's a director at the Piggery everything's hunky dory regarding Nike.

Exactly mate. The way these muppets trip over themselves to reach the moral high ground make me puke tbh.

And for the record Brian Wilson is an utter cock

i hate our connection with umbro. cheap and nasty and very poor quality sportswear. not a brand kids would wear in every day life.

Is this a generational thing I wonder. For me Umbro are the football strip brand. I really like the current strip and the last one too, must be the retro thing appealing to my ageing sense of, ahem, style.

Adidas were football too but mucked about with athletics and effeminate things like that, plus they made bags and t-shirts, how can you take that seriously. Everyone else is just an arriviste.

Still my favourite strip of all time I reckon - article-0-0412C543000005DC-588_468x330.jpg

Is this a generational thing I wonder. For me Umbro are the football strip brand. I really like the current strip and the last one too, must be the retro thing appealing to my ageing sense of, ahem, style.

Adidas were football too but mucked about with athletics and effeminate things like that, plus they made bags and t-shirts, how can you take that seriously. Everyone else is just an arriviste.

Still my favourite strip of all time I reckon - article-0-0412C543000005DC-588_468x330.jpg

As much as I didn't like some of our recent modern jazzy Umbro creations (UEFA cup run etc.) I really liked the strip from 2010/11 (rugby style) and this seasons simple classic. IMO red should never be anywhere hear a Rangers strip. It should be light Royal blue with white trim/detail or just plain blue.

When Umbro put their mind to it some of their stuff can be nice. I've liked some of the retro Man City bits from the last few years, which have included walk out track tops (very 70's...). Their current NY Cosmos branding is also quite classy as well.

Umbro was possibly cutting edge fashion 40 years ago but it's dire now.

So what's the cutting edge now, what strips are considered 'cool' these days?

I was going to ask the same thing mate. As much as Adidas and Nike are market leaders I would struggle to pick out a stripo that I actaully like. IMO you will go a long way to find a better strip than Rangers home kit this season. Less is more