Broadfoot to be released

Whilst you may be right, I just dont get this notion that paying them off makes sense.

If he has 400k left on his contract why would we pay him that 400k and then lose his services ? We are apparently still short on numbers so to pay him the remainder of his contract to let him walk away makes little sense to me.

Hopefully it is the case that his pay off will be LESS than the remainder of his contract, like 50% less !! At least !

i dont know mat but that is what happens these days unless the player gives up his right to that money.

Surely he will be given the chance to find another club without us paying him off saving them a fee and I doubt he is even due £400k as hasn't he only got 9/10 months on his contract left?

All the best to him when he goes, some of the posts on other forums i've seen about him are vile, you have to wonder what planet these so called fans come from.

Surely he will be given the chance to find another club without us paying him off saving them a fee and I doubt he is even due £400k as hasn't he only got 9/10 months on his contract left?

All the best to him when he goes, some of the posts on other forums i've seen about him are vile, you have to wonder what planet these so called fans come from.

2 or 3 years left. he just signed a new deal last season.

When you pick a fight with the front two rows of your own away support it isn't going to endear you to them.

When you pick a fight with the front two rows of your own away support it isn't going to endear you to them.

So instead of standing up for himself and fighting for what he believes in, he should turn the other cheek and do nothing? Are you a hand-wringer by chance?

So instead of standing up for himself and fighting for what he believes in, he should turn the other cheek and do nothing? Are you a hand-wringer by chance?

So acting like a spoilt brat on a football pitch when getting told to get your finger oot is standing up for himself?

And what exactly is he fighting for that he believes in when picking said fight, his right not to get back and defend when he can't be arsed.

After some of the stuff he gets/has had shouted to him by again our own supporters long before that incident it's a wonder he hasn't hit anyone :) and he did apologise i'm sure, things do happen in the heat of the moment sometimes he is human. He's a hard working player, had one decent season and I don't rate him to be honest. but I would never slate him to the levels some of fans do it's shameful IMO.