Rangers Unite Statement

It really is very sad that we appear to lack a well-respected cohesive group but I don't think much blame can be attributed to anyone but the RU guys in this particular case.

I agree, but if it's true about the RST wanting fans to only buy through membership from them and the others can't agree to it then it's just crazy. Do I have to belong to one group if I want to buy in? What if I prefer one of the others? It just smacks of a disorganised mess.

what next the rangers partizans , far to many groups bumping their gums saying they are representing the rangers fans no one speaks for me i am my own man .

The sad thing is that neither the fan groups nor the single fan acually do something. They all usually look on, storm the boards and blogs with opinions, but when it comes to action - like writiing to MPs, ministries, UEFA, FIFA et al - the enthusiasm vanishes.

it speaks volumes that so far only one "shareholder" is willing to "present" Rangers at the tribunal, the much maligned GDS. If anyone at the RFFF or the RST or even a single shareholder had the guts to hire a lawyer or QC or even be present in person ... but that silence is deafening.

I agree, but if it's true about the RST wanting fans to only buy through membership from them and the others can't agree to it then it's just crazy. Do I have to belong to one group if I want to buy in? What if I prefer one of the others? It just smacks of a disorganised mess.

I don't think the process has went too well towards some sort of investment vehicle but I'd suggest we wait until seeing what the final product is before debating the finer points.

I think that for the scheme that the RST are proposing that, legally, people have to be members to participate.

It is a major problem given the divisive view that many fans have of the RST and as such they would have been better to have taken another approach.

RU were correct to point this out, but their toys out the pram response, followed up with this amateurish approach to this statement, makes it appear that they are not ready to take things forward.

I don't think the process has went too well towards some sort of investment vehicle but I'd suggest we wait until seeing what the final product is before debating the finer points.

The process is being worked on though, and I think the RST are aware of these issues and are looking at how the issues can be overcome.

I'm sure an announcement will be made soon, it should have the backing of a number of groups, and people have to judge it on its own merits and not some preconceived bias.

Fan ownership would be a democratic process, so for some to suggest any individual is trying to hijack the process is simply false. Under any scheme it will be the fans who decide the model, not the RST, and people really need to be clear on that.

I'm sure an announcement will be made soon, it should have the backing of a number of groups, and people have to judge it on its own merits and not some preconceived bias.

But people don't have to. Many will not judge it on its own merits as a standalone project and will take account of their views, preconceived or otherwise, deserved or otherwise, of the RST. Whether it has the backing of other groups will be irrelevant in a large number of cases. Their dislike of the RST will prevent many from participating.

For any scheme to maximise the participation of fans, it needs to be done outside the auspices of the RST. It may not be fair on the RST but there is a lot of distrust and bad feeling that is not going to disappear.

I am unclear as to the meaning of the last sentence. The RST surely are deciding on the model that will be put forward?

But people don't have to. Many will not judge it on its own merits as a standalone project and will take account of their views, preconceived or otherwise, deserved or otherwise, of the RST. Whether it has the backing of other groups will be irrelevant in a large number of cases. Their dislike of the RST will prevent many from participating.

For any scheme to maximise the participation of fans, it needs to be done outside the auspices of the RST. It may not be fair on the RST but there is a lot of distrust and bad feeling that is not going to disappear.

I am unclear as to the meaning of the last sentence. The RST surely are deciding on the model that will be put forward?

Under the scheme being discussed with supporters direct, fans invest and get one vote each. It would be for those who invest to decide the ownership model, not any group or individual in advance. A scheme is launched to raise enough money to buy the club, once bought its for the each investor to vote on a model, and the model with the most votes gets implemented.

The RST, RSA, you, me or anyone can propose a model, but fan ownership is a democracy and not for any individual to manipulate or dictate.

Under the scheme being discussed with supporters direct, fans invest and get one vote each. It would be for those who invest to decide the ownership model, not any group or individual in advance. A scheme is launched to raise enough money to buy the club, once bought its for the each investor to vote on a model, and the model with the most votes gets implemented.

Ah, we are talking at cross purposes. I was referring to the model that is being set-up to allow people to invest. That will need to be in place prior to people investing and it is that model that will be established by the RST. For example, will it be OMOV or will people get more votes depending on the amount invested?

Supporter ownershipof the club comes much further down the line and we are a fair bit away from it.