Lee Wallace Injured?

PAUL DIXON answered Scotlandâ??s defensive SOS last night â?? and left a pal standing at the altar.

The Huddersfield star and MK Dons ace Gary MacKenzie have been called up for Saturdayâ??s clash with Serbia after an injury crisis rocked Craig Leveinâ??s plans.

Danny Fox and Russell Martin are out of the World Cup qualifier while Charlie Mulgrew is a doubt. That means uncapped Dixon has had to tell a mate he wonâ??t make his wedding.

He said: â??I am absolutely delighted. It has all happened so quickly. I didnâ??t even know there were injuries so the call came completely out of the blue.

â??I was actually coming up to Scotland this weekend anyway because I was going to a wedding in Dundee.

â??But now Iâ??ve had to throw things into a bag and get on the road straight away.

â??My pal Andrew Suttie is getting married on Saturday but Iâ??ve phoned him and told him why I canâ??t be there now.

â??If youâ??re going to miss someoneâ??s wedding then having the chance to play for your country in a World Cup qualifier is a pretty good reason.

â??It will be a shame to miss it but everyone is happy for me.â?

Martin and Fox will be assessed on Sunday to see if they will be available for the Macedonia game next Tuesday.

Another stopper, Wolves star Christophe Berra, has delayed joining the squad as he awaits the birth of his first child.

The Scots were already without regular picks Steven Whittaker and Phil Bardsley for the crunch double-header.

And Scotland No2 Peter Houston admitted the defensive headaches had affected their plans.

He said: He said: â??Danny has a sore groin.

â??Russell got a block tackle â?? I think it was his ankle.

â??Charlie Mulgrew missed Saturdayâ??s game for Celtic and his Achilles is still a bit sore. Itâ??s one that has to settle down over a few days.â?

Itâ??s understood the Scots opted for left-back Dixon ahead of Lee Wallace because the Rangers star has a hamstring problem.:smokin:

Meanwhile, Houston confirmed keeper Allan McGregor is in the frame to start after a groin tear.

He said: â??Itâ??s a huge bonus to us that heâ??s fit and available and played on Saturday.

â??When he got the injury against Australia the concern was that he was going to be ruled out even for the October games, so whatever they have done over there, theyâ??ve done well.

â??Heâ??s one of the best goalies about. You donâ??t realise how good he is until you work closely with him.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4519635/Dixon-misses-pals-wedding-for-Scots.html#ixzz25SFF7aw2

2 players in the squad Ive never heard of to be replace with another 2 unknowns. But TBH we need Wallace fit and Im glad he isnt called up which could make the injury worse.

Serbia will win this game 2-0.

2 players in the squad Ive never heard of to be replace with another 2 unknowns. But TBH we need Wallace fit and Im glad he isnt called up which could make the injury worse.

Serbia will win this game 2-0.

Think Dixon is the ex-Arab who actually looked pretty handy for them.

Danny fox was at Celtic for a bit I think.

The other two I've never heard of tho.

Think Dixon is the ex-Arab who actually looked pretty handy for them.

Danny fox was at Celtic for a bit I think.

The other two I've never heard of tho.

Dixon is from a Gers family from what I've heard. His uncle was in a pub once where we drink in and said he's always wanted to play for us. I think he's a good player.

Gary McKenzie played 2 games for us in 2004, he didn't play for us again before he left for Dundee then MK Dons.

I think Paul Dixon is a decent left back and to be honest I'm quite happy we don't have any players in the squad. With a squad as paper thin as ours I don't want to see our players picking up needless injuries playing for another team - especially after the treatment that was dished out to Ian Black.