McCoist Hits Back At Critics

Hadn't read the posts after andy's before my first reply above. But again they show up the ridiculousness (is that a word) of the dignified silence.

Rangers are to apologise for things nothing to do with the club and ban people.

Yet no one questions that Celtic don't ban the regular missile throwers, pitch invaders and perpetrators of assault at their pit.

I'm not asking for any apology from Rangers. I don't think a condemnation of these two Rangers fans is in any way a big thing to ask.

They are Rangers fans, are they not?

So what? Should the club come out and condemn me if I get caught speeding? Should the club have someone up at the high court every day checking on the football allegiances of anyone found guilty of any crime, so that it can condemn them?

It's a ridiculous suggestion to ask the club to get involved in commenting on a crime just because the guilty parties may support the team.

A pathetic response. Not even worth answering in detail.

If you can't see the difference between Rangers fan x speeding and Rangers fan x sending a parcel to various celtc fans which may or may not be bombs (I bow to GovenAllan on this) I have nothing to add.

As soon as erratic behaviour of a football club's fans is related to football/ the club, it surely needs to take actions. And I think it's quite clear that bombs (or whatever it was in the end) sent to a Celtic gaffer by Rangers supporters are related to football. Whereas speeding is not.

A pathetic response. Not even worth answering in detail.

If you can't see the difference between Rangers fan x speeding and Rangers fan x sending a parcel to various celtc fans which may or may not be bombs (I bow to GovenAllan on this) I have nothing to add.

Of course there's a difference in magnitude but it doesn't take away from the point that neither have anything to do with the club.

It's a shame that you have to resort to abusing the reply rather than justifying your point but I guess that highlights your lack of a good argument.