Elgin's Jack vows: We will do better at Ibrox next time

Elgin's Jack vows: We will do better at Ibrox next time

by Craig Christie

00307595%20-%20449x286.jpgHistory man . . . Jamie Duff (left) blasts the ball past Rangers goalkeeper Neil Alexander to stun the Ibrox faithful. Rangers came back to win the game 5-1.

THEY may have lost the match, but Elgin City won a host of admirers for their impressive Ibrox performance, says Ross Jack.

City were beaten 5-1 by a slick Rangers side, but their willingness to have a go at the Glasgow giants and keep playing football earned praise for manager Jack and his team.

Jack says his players did the club proud, a statement backed up by the messages of support he has been given since Sundayâ??s televised match.

00307596%20-%20250x166.jpgElgin fans were proud of their team's brave effort.

And he revealed how everyone at Rangers went out of their way to give Elgin a warm welcome and ensure they had a memorable day.

"I canâ??t praise (Rangersâ?? boss) Ally McCoist, Kenny McDowall (his assistant) and the Rangers staff enough, because they were fantastic in the way they looked after us before and after the game," Ross said.

"We had a great chat in the managerâ??s office and when we discussed the game, they were full of praise for our players. It was nice to hear, and it wasnâ??t just talk, it was genuine praise.

"Iâ??ve had phone calls and messages as well, from people impressed by the way we played.

"As for the Rangers supporters, we got a great reception when we arrived, and a tremendous round of applause from a big group of them as we were driving away from Ibrox.

"I think it was an appreciation of the fact that we didnâ??t try to kick them off the park or shut up shop, we tried to play our Elgin City game at their home, also that we gave them a right fright."

The â??frightâ?? element was supplied by City centre half Jamie Duff, who fired the underdogs into a sensational 15th minute lead before the â??Gers eventually took control of the contest.

http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/Sport/Football/Elgins-Jack-vows-We-will-do-better-next-time-07092012.htm

Nowhere in that piece does it quote him as saying they vow to do better at Ibrox next time.

In fact nice words from the Elgin boss.

Yep....read articles before commenting. They are written by idiots

Please don't use words belittling people with a handicap.

Edited by pete

Yep....read articles before commenting. They are written by ********

So as not to be sneaky, I'd like to say that I have reported this post on the grounds that I hate language such as this on a Rangers forum. It reflects badly on the club. If it's considered OK, I'd like to know.

Edited by pete

So as not to be sneaky, I'd like to say that I have reported this post on the grounds that I hate language such as this on a Rangers forum. It reflects badly on the club. If it's considered OK, I'd like to know.

A member of my family is Downs and I cannot bear to see or hear words like that.

I changed the wording on DA's Post I will ask him and indeed everyone to refrain from using such words belittling handicapped people.

I myself have a handicapped son(not downs) and am totally against using handicapped people or terms, as derogatory remarks. I\We also won't accept wishing anyone a serious injury or or terminal or painful sickness.