Rangers statement on the stripping of titles

I've had a look online and while there are allegations, I can't find one that is substantiated.

Similar to my findings. and another similarity to the RFC situation - plenty folk will claim as FACT that we issued side letters of contract for the EBT's, yet how many can actually provide hard proof???

One month after winning his seventh consecutive Tour de France and retiring from professional cycling, Lance Armstrong is on the defensive over doping allegations stemming from his first Tour win in 1999.

L'Equipe, the leading sports daily newspaper in France, published a report Tuesday that said six different urine samples Armstrong provided during the 1999 Tour tested positive for the performance-enhancing drug EPO when examined in 2004 by a French lab fine-tuning EPO testing. The lab tested all the B samples from the 1999 Tour. EPO, which builds endurance, was a banned substance in 1999 but there was no approved test for it

its pretty well known he failed tests in 99. very well known in fact.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2005-08-24-armstrong-samples-details_x.htm

and one fail actually at the time.

As it stands, Mr. Armstrong has only been notified of producing a positive sample once in his 25-year cycling career.

That happened during the 1999 Tour de France, when he tested positive for corticosteroids. The positive result was reversed.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444358404577609510839091278.html

its pretty well known he failed tests in 99. very well known in fact.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2005-08-24-armstrong-samples-details_x.htm

Just read the article and there is NOTHING in there that mentions evidence that could be 100% concluded that it was a "fact" that he failed a test.

But it's not what I want to discuss here and my problem is not whether Armstrong failed a drug test or not, it's people putting out allegations as fact on here with absolutely no explanation. It's a classic Timmy ploy and it makes me sick to see Rangers people use it.

The same article says the verdict was reversed. "The positive result was reversed."

Basically you have made up your own mind without anything substantial to back it up and spouting it on here as fact. To me it removes credibility for almost everything you post. Anyone can have an opinion but to spout it as fact is just wrong.