Rangers statement on the stripping of titles

He was on Radio Scotland this morning too and when asked the same question regarding what we'd do if promoted to the SPL he said we'd need to be 'welcomed back with open arms' before we would return, however he is sceptical if the SPL will still exist in 3 years time.

I'm still not sure he's done the right thing here. I understand why he's done it, I understand why most are supporting it however I'm still uneasy. To state 'We're not appearing as we don't recognise your authority' is a big gamble. I still need convinced it's not in our best interests to be represented.

The thing is he is only telling the truth,any sane person can see what is going on,it will be interesting to see what journalists will eventually turn and say so

I agree, but this time at least we have someone who isn't scared of telling it how, we all know, it is.

He was on Radio Scotland this morning too and when asked the same question regarding what we'd do if promoted to the SPL he said we'd need to be 'welcomed back with open arms' before we would return, however he is sceptical if the SPL will still exist in 3 years time.

I'm still not sure he's done the right thing here. I understand why he's done it, I understand why most are supporting it however I'm still uneasy. To state 'We're not appearing as we don't recognise your authority' is a big gamble. I still need convinced it's not in our best interests to be represented.

Listening to Rhadio Scotland, eh? I've got my eye on you!

You do have a point, and perhaps this statement would have been better after attending the meeting today and finding it to be entirely unsatisfactory. But it's coming down to appearances imo; they are going to hammer us and the only response left to us is 'gtf'. When we say it doesn't seem to make much diff to me.

Listening to Rhadio Scotland, eh? I've got my eye on you!

Haha, you know we've gone fully through the looking glass when Radio Clyde is seen as the station of impartiality.

You do have a point, and perhaps this statement would have been better after attending the meeting today and finding it to be entirely unsatisfactory. But it's coming down to appearances imo; they are going to hammer us and the only response left to us is 'gtf'. When we say it doesn't seem to make much diff to me.

I'm sure they've taken expensive legal advice on this, I'm sure it's not just a PR stunt. But it's curious, I've never known a lawyer recommend not pleading a case, it's an unusual course of action for them to suggest.

I think we're all agreed that the case stinks and that those bringing it are doing so out of spite, I agree entirely with Green on that. I just worry that by publicly stating we don't recognise them he's tilting at windmills.

Good comments from Charles Green. I'm still amazed the SPL are still going after us in terms of titles. We gained absolutely no on-field advantage by using EBT's which were declared in the club's accounts.

I could understand if we had been convicted of something like match-fixing but for a tax scheme is laughable. We must be the only club in the history of football this has happened to.

I disagree. I think it's important that we are seen not to take any part of it from the start, rather than be accused of throwing the toys out of the pram because we don't like the way things are going.

It's difficult to attend a meeting on this and then subsequently claim that the whole basis of it is misconceived, particularly if the whole basis of your argument was known prior to the meeting.

Good comments from Charles Green. I'm still amazed the SPL are still going after us in terms of titles. We gained absolutely no on-field advantage by using EBT's which were declared in the club's accounts.

I could understand if we had been convicted of something like match-fixing but for a tax scheme is laughable. We must be the only club in the history of football this has happened to.

We are not being investigated for operating the tax scheme. We are being investigated for giving the SPL full details of it.

We are being investigated because of an administration issue!!!!

Just thinking that if the worst came to the worst and they stripped our titles, wouldn't the fans have a case for suing the SPL for all the money spent on attending games where their incompetence and negligence in the administration of players wages meant that those games were meaningless. There is a loss there and the SPL are responsible due to that negligence.

The only problem I have with Green's statement is that I can't see an out for the SPL while saving face. Which means they are probably now in for a penny, in for a pound and will not back down.

They have refused to answer communication from Rangers and the administrators.

They can go ahead and remove titles and we will go to court on the grounds laid out in CG's statement ie no jurisdiction, impact on the value of the club, conflict of interest etc.

They can ask the SFA or SFL to intervene. Both of these organisations have said there will be no removal of titles.

I am sure there are a number of other options such as involving CAS or UEFA and no doubt there are many twists and turns in this saga to come and many of them unforseen by all.