The SFA charge Green over comments on SPL EBT investigation

Turnbull Hutton can call the SFA/SPL corrupt, liars and bullies and nothing happens but any utterance by Charles Green is met with a disrepute charge. They're not even trying to hide their hatred of Rangers now.

0022c5878c1c011445799b6c3e92ef29_S.jpg

RANGERS Chief Executive Charles Green said: â??We made very clear in the statement that we made that we have never questioned the integrity of the panel. That is beyond reproach.

â??What I do have an issue with is the fact that the SPL has relentlessly been pursuing a fixed and predetermined agenda on EBTs from the moment they realised that they would not be able to get Rangers back into the SPL without a fan revolt.

"Until that moment the SPL were looking to trade SPL status for an admission of guilt on EBTs and a sanction of stripped titles. We couldnâ??t and didnâ??t give them that.

"You need look no further than the initial draft of the five-way agreement.

"There is reference in that to EBTs and the outcome was stripping titles but if I make a statement that the SPL is pursuing a predetermined outcome then Iâ??m bringing the game into disrepute.

"From the moment that SPL status for Rangers was off the agenda weâ??ve been heading for stripped titles.

â??What Iâ??m doing is using free speech to tell the fans exactly what has happened and I am now on disrepute charges for matters of fact.

"The words that seem to have upset the SFA so much are that â??the SPL appoint the jury, set the outcome and set the punishment before the trialâ? - those things are true and I stand by them.

â??Whether or not the Commission works to that agenda remains to be seen but letâ??s be clear there was a predetermined outcome.

"If their Chief Executive and lawyers were drafting agreements that contained definitions of titles that would be stripped in late June/early July long before a Commission was even thought about, how can anyone say they are not pursuing an agenda and a predetermined outcome?

â??I would ask the SFA and the SPL to release the first draft of the five-way agreement put together by their lawyers to reveal all of the sanctions. Stripping of titles was definitely within that document.

â??In terms of this commission, if the SPL agenda prevails then Rangers will be found guilty and being found guilty we will lose five titles.

â??If Iâ??m wrong then it will be a different outcome.

â??What I said before is that this commission is not independent because the SPL have set it up. Saying that they are not independent is not saying that they are not impartial.

â??Thatâ??s what I have an issue with and I will make these points when I go to see the SFA â?? not unless Iâ??m in jail before then because there will no doubt be 50 odd charges by then.

â??We want to focus on whatâ??s happening at the club in terms of filling the stadium, going to Annan and filling the town â?? they are the good things.

â??But all people want to do is keep chasing Rangers and to chase us to the grave â?? and we are not going there.â?

Read more...

He made a comment about a body which has no connection with the Club whatsoever.

The SFA and SPL are teetering towards the edge of existence in my opinion.

I think they they all know that and they are trying going out in a blaze of glory imo. They just don't give a f@ck about the Pretense of fairness TBO, ILLEGALLY TRYING TO STRIP OF US TITLES BEFORE IT ALL GOES TITS UP. With the total connivance of the SFA, who will then draw a veil over what went on.

He made a comment about a body which has no connection with the Club whatsoever.

The SFA and SPL are teetering towards the edge of existence in my opinion.

I think that's their end game, going out in a blaze of glory before it goes tits up. Any pretence of fairness has gone out the window long ago, strip titles off Rangers is everything now and then let the SPL go into history. Then with the total connivance of the SFA a veil will be drawn over this sham.

Another good statement from Green. But wonder if the 5-way agreement had a confidentiality clause and if he has breached it ?

I've always wondered what happens if you breach one of them, what's the worst they can do, sue him?