BBC Intro from last night - RFC Lodge Complaint

Forgive my ignorance, but is MadMen that present in the minds of the average BBC (Scotland) viewer. I for sure don't know it.

It regularly sweeps the board at the American TV awards, but it's more cult than mainstream in the UK, I'd say. A lot of viewers won't have picked up on the reference.

I think it says a lot that the BBC saw fit to spend time and effort satirizing something that is still pretty raw for many of the people that tuned into their broadcast last night. Maybe I'm being oversensitive but it felt like taunting. They could just as easily have done a "pheonix from the flames" piece.

Still, the result says more than any of their naff graphics.

Can handle opposition fans taking the piss, but why should we have to put up with the national sports channel doing likewise?

An embarrassing attempt to annoy 'Gers fans, and have the rest of the country have a laugh at our expense, they must be very pleased with themselves with their pathetic 'work of art'

What was the nature of the Off the Ball discussion? I've seen the description on the website, but given it's a tongue in cheek show what did it do to overstep the mark?

I listened to that OTB and remember thinking that the "Super Ally or Fat Sally" skit was in really bad taste. Cosgrove seemed to think it was OK because he read McCoist referred to as Fat Sally on the internet. Obviously Celtic minded dens of cyber iniquity. Well done Rangers.