Slightly concerned about feedback from Green's NI trip

The club may have no links to the OO, Allan, but bring out an orange strip and that argument falls flat on its arse. Big difference between some fans being Orangemen or women and the club actively particpating in that portion of fandom.

I have never hid my distaste for the Order, but if someone wants to get into that it's their business. The objection is not to someone's beliefs but to the club buying into those beliefs.

Yes let's alienate a section of your own support just because you don't agree with there beliefs. :facepalm:

I can't remember ever seeing a Flute band at Ibrox.

The club has no links to the OO so don't see what we have to break away from.

Why not tell everyone who supports the SNP their not welcome back because they are actively trying to break the Union, we have a huge fan base with many beliefs we all have to get on and remember in the end we are all Rangers fans.

The club as such probably never had any links to the OO et al, which is not the question. The support sure does though and you can hear it week in and week out when they sing about The Sash my father wore. To some (like me) it is just a song to show togetherness, get the place buzzing and all, but to others it is much more. And these others are not exactly a minority, nor are they all diehard loyalist either. To say that "we" have no connections to the OO is a touch too far though.

We have fans who haven't a clue what a Orangeman looks like, they will buy the top because it has a Rangers badge on it. Other people will buy it for different reasons.

Nobody is being told they have to believe in anything.

A section of our support have asked for something they may get it they may not, I'm sure other sections will ask for what they want should they be told you've no chance because that other section will spit the dummy oot.

At this moment I've never felt more disillusioned at being a Scot and have never felt more British. Do I think we should chuck all things Scottish out the door, of course not we are a proud Scottish club and always will be.

The point I'm trying to make and failing miserably again is we are a big family and like all big families there are parts we can't be doing with and maybe even hate, but a family we still are and remember like them or hate them the OO are a legal body doing there thing and there easy enough to avoid and not talk about if you really want to.

The club as such probably never had any links to the OO et al, which is not the question. The support sure does though and you can hear it week in and week out when they sing about The Sash my father wore. To some (like me) it is just a song to show togetherness, get the place buzzing and all, but to others it is much more. And these others are not exactly a minority, nor are they all diehard loyalist either. To say that "we" have no connections to the OO is a touch too far though.

So now it's the songs we can't sing because it means different things to everybody, where do you stop will we only be happy when we have a Stepford support standing like zombies singing from a songbook which has been cleansed till it wouldn't offend anybody in the world.

When that day comes we might as well all go home and turn out the lights and by the looks of it that day is coming rather quickly.

I wouldn't buy an orange strip because it will become a badge of honour for the zealots to crow about "Proddies" and Walks and Ulster politics regardless of what the intent was, that's what it would become. We need to discourage idiots from linking Rangers with anything non-football related not give them some kind of "green-light" to stir it up.

I don't think Charles Green for one minute understands the significance.

Yes let's alienate a section of your own support just because you don't agree with there beliefs. :facepalm:

I can't remember ever seeing a Flute band at Ibrox.

The club has no links to the OO so don't see what we have to break away from.

Why not tell everyone who supports the SNP their not welcome back because they are actively trying to break the Union, we have a huge fan base with many beliefs we all have to get on and remember in the end we are all Rangers fans.

Totally agree, Allan, I just don't understand why you're quoting me?

Seeing as you are though, if a section of our fans support beheading gays, should they not be put under scrutiny for holding "extreme" views or should we not alienate them for using the club and their support of the club as a vehicle to promote such far fetched views?

If these people believe in their causes then that's fine by me, diversity is to be encouraged, but when they attach their views as a reason as to why they and others support our club, then that's not to be encouraged.

I support Rangers because that's who I support. If Rangers were to play a side with 11 gay Irish dwarfs who all had been named after past Popes, then I'd still support Rangers, could the same be said of the OO members?

I wouldn't buy an orange strip because it will become a badge of honour for the zealots to crow about "Proddies" and Walks and Ulster politics regardless of what the intent was, that's what it would become. We need to discourage idiots from linking Rangers with anything non-football related not give them some kind of "green-light" to stir it up.

I don't think Charles Green for one minute understands the significance.

hahaha what utter nonsense.

The club may have no links to the OO, Allan, but bring out an orange strip and that argument falls flat on its arse. Big difference between some fans being Orangemen or women and the club actively particpating in that portion of fandom.

I have never hid my distaste for the Order, but if someone wants to get into that it's their business. The objection is not to someone's beliefs but to the club buying into those beliefs.

So say someone's favourite colour is orange, does that automatically make them big OO guys?

It's a colour and a flashy colour at that, it says more about this country than anything else that it has to have deeper meaning.

Totally agree, Allan, I just don't understand why you're quoting me?

Seeing as you are though, if a section of our fans support beheading gays, should they not be put under scrutiny for holding "extreme" views or should we not alienate them for using the club and their support of the club as a vehicle to promote such far fetched views?

If these people believe in their causes then that's fine by me, diversity is to be encouraged, but when they attach their views as a reason as to why they and others support our club, then that's not to be encouraged.

I support Rangers because that's who I support. If Rangers were to play a side with 11 gay Irish dwarfs who all had been named after past Popes, then I'd still support Rangers, could the same be said of the OO members?

Sorry mate if I picked you up wrong, I couldn't give a monkeys who plays for Rangers the same way as I dont bother who supports us. Any section of support is going to try and reflect its beliefs onto the way it supports its team it's human nature. I have a fair few mates who are members of the OO and being Catholic and playing for Rangers doesn't bother them one bit, all of them have Catholic pals. I don't remember a mass walk-out when we had a Catholic captain and Manager?

The OO as far as I know doesn't have a problem with Catholic people its the Catholic Church of Rome it parades against again I may be wrong but I've grew up all my days surrounded by the OO and that's the feeling I've always had. I wouldn't say telling people that the Catholic Church are a dangerous organisation which does more harm than good is very far-fetched it seems to have been proved right these days.

And get over to the Lounge it's your go in the other cracking debate.