Arabs blowing ra Bhoys' cheese.

I had a go at the wee prick on Twitter last night.....

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence

Lot of goodwill for Celtic win tonight. Is there a different mentality among Scottish fans this season. Is there a more co operative spirit

18h Juancornetto ‏@Juanscornetto

@bbcjimspence Hahahahaha how long did it take you to think that one up Jum? You are a desperate little weasel.

18h Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence

@Juanscornetto that's a stoater as they say

This then was proceeded by a dozen or so tims giving me random abuse and telling me I'm a zombie etc.

Sad chunts

What was the point of that tweet? It doesn't do us any favours whatsoever. If you have something to say, can't you make a point without resorting to name calling?

I thought that was their main way of communicating not ours...

If anything, Jim Spence came out of that far better than you did. There is a far better level of contribution from yourself on here, why don't you take that to twitter?

Meeeeow!

I have a particular disdain for Jim Spence, it's been that way for years and he is probably the only "public figure" that I would stoop to addressing that way. He IS a weasel. Apologies for letting everybody down and not cutting him apart with witty repartee but I preferred to speak to him in a manner and language he understands. The fact that you (or anybody else) doesn't like it literally means nothing to me. Thanks for the pointers though.

Meeeeow!

I have a particular disdain for Jim Spence, it's been that way for years and he is probably the only "public figure" that I would stoop to addressing that way. He IS a weasel. Apologies for letting everybody down and not cutting him apart with witty repartee but I preferred to speak to him in a manner and language he understands. The fact that you (or anybody else) doesn't like it literally means nothing to me. Thanks for the pointers though.

I'm with you Juancornetto. Spence never misses an opportunity to have a back handed dig at Rangers and let's face that's what this was. So Scottish football is all lovely dovey this season? Why this season pray tell? Oh that's right...big bad Rangers are not there... So what is he basing this outpouring of togetherness on? One tweet from one club to another? The guy is a desperate little irrelevance

BBC Scotland's Jim Spence has tweeted, "there is an amazing sense of togetherness and positivity in Scottish football this season".

Actually, I might agree that there is. Only that it refers to anything not SPL.

On a sidenote, it is utterly defying belief that any sane Scottish reporter et al thinks the CFC and their hordes do anything for the good of Scottish football. What colours they promote? Which flaggs they raise? What songs they sing? Even a dead rat has an IQ high enough to see this ...

Is it not quite common for clubs to congratulate each other when they achieve something? Isn't the issue here that they are doing it on Twitter and so it's public, but I'm sure it has always gone on just done by text or letter or telegram or fax.

Spence is particularly objectionable mind you.

Dundee Utd are sitting second bottom currently, their manager's contract runs out at the end of the season and they've yet to offer him a new one and he's been told if he is offered one it'll be on reduced terms. Aye, everything's just rosy in the SPL garden.

This gave me a great morning chuckle.

When I read Jim Spence's comment on Twitter, immediately I contrasted it with Archie MacPherson's appearance on Scotland Tonight back in May. He articulated his genuine surprise at the level of hatred being expressed towards Rangers and Rangers supporters. When asked to highlight this thought, he recalled the canteen at BBC Scotland on the evening of Rangers appearance in the UEFA Cup final in 2008. Archie recalled, "an explosion of deafening noise when Zenit scored" and commented, "a Scottish team playing in a European final and dozens of Scots are willing their defeat".

Positivity and togetherness?