Charles Green and Co met the fans at Ibrox

New Ibrox name plan

By DAVID FRIEL

Published: 20 minutes ago

CHARLES GREEN could rename Ibrox — in a bid to inject fresh millions into Rangers.

The Gers owner told fans that stadium sponsorship IS on the agenda during a meeting on Thursday night.

Gaffer Ally McCoist is open-minded on the topic — but insists diehard Bluenoses MUST be consulted before the historic decision is taken.

He said: “The good thing is that we are having dialogue straight away. I know for a fact the supporters groups WILL be involved.

“You have seen the value of the supporters to this club over the past six to eight months.

“So the least they deserve is a voice and an opinion on big, big decisions like that.

“I can see both arguments when you look at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium and things like that.

“I would take a view that I have to be guided by what is best for the club and the support.

“I can understand the old traditionalists not wanting it. But I can also understand people moving forward and looking at the longer-term financial benefit to the club.

“I am open-minded on it and at this moment I don’t sit in either camp.

“But for it to happen I would think the deal would have to be of the extreme benefit of the football club.”

Green is set to meet SFA President Campbell Ogilvie in the coming weeks in a bid to end their long-running feud.

McCoist is happy to be involved and believes Gers’ broken relationship with the SFA CAN be fixed.

He said: “The relationship is repairable. In the interests of both bodies, and indeed Scottish football, we need to have a healthy working relationship.

“Within that, there will be disagreements and arguments. But they are the governing body of our game so we have to work together.

“We want to get on with it. For the betterment of Scottish football, there has to be dialogue between the SFA and a club like ourselves.

“We have to appreciate that our views will be different on certain things but also that we respect each other’s position.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4574697/New-Ibrox-name-plan.html#ixzz28TCXnn00