SPL has coped with loss of Rangers, says Neil Doncaster

'Dundee and Highland derbies compensating for the loss of Rangers'

How can anybody take this clown serious when he's spouting shite like that...

Tic toc

Agree.

The total attendance of the highland derby would fit into the Broomloan Rd stand with seats left over.

The total attendance of the Tayside derby would fit into the Govan stand with loads of seats left over.

Agree.

The total attendance of the highland derby would fit into the Broomloan Rd stand with seats left over.

The total attendance of the Tayside derby would fit into the Govan stand with loads of seats left over.

The highland clubs and the Dundee clubs get no money from league attendees in the Govan Stand...

The fact is that if they fill their grounds for both home games against their local rivals then they will be making almost as much money as a game against Rangers (tickets for Rangers games are usually higher). So the point is valid.

Dundee are certainly a lot better off than if they were in the 1st division.

However it only affects four clubs and the likelihood is that it will only benefit two clubs once one of the new teams is relegated.

The SPL are probably just about coping at the moment as everything is new and different plus they still are just about hanging on to the sponsors and TV money while being supplemented by money due to Rangers.

Basically the storm has not yet kicked in. Once the novelty wears off and Celtic are beating everyone and leading by a mile, interest in the league will probably taper off dramatically. I really can't see the appetite by fans, sponsors or TV for another one horse race next season, nevermind a third. Also, with us out of the way, who will be the fans next hate figures? The strange love affair with Celtic will soon end when they wake up and realise what kind of people they are in bed with. I still laugh at the congrats to Celtic in the CL with reference to "Team Scotland" to a club which can't stand our country and actually sees itself as Irish.

This season is all about getting stuck into Rangers, but when they get bored of drinking on that, next season will be very sobering for them.

The highland clubs and the Dundee clubs get no money from league attendees in the Govan Stand...

The fact is that if they fill their grounds for both home games against their local rivals then they will be making almost as much money as a game against Rangers (tickets for Rangers games are usually higher). So the point is valid.

Dundee are certainly a lot better off than if they were in the 1st division.

However it only affects four clubs and the likelihood is that it will only benefit two clubs once one of the new teams is relegated.

The SPL are probably just about coping at the moment as everything is new and different plus they still are just about hanging on to the sponsors and TV money while being supplemented by money due to Rangers.

Basically the storm has not yet kicked in. Once the novelty wears off and Celtic are beating everyone and leading by a mile, interest in the league will probably taper off dramatically. I really can't see the appetite by fans, sponsors or TV for another one horse race next season, nevermind a third. Also, with us out of the way, who will be the fans next hate figures? The strange love affair with Celtic will soon end when they wake up and realise what kind of people they are in bed with. I still laugh at the congrats to Celtic in the CL with reference to "Team Scotland" to a club which can't stand our country and actually sees itself as Irish.

This season is all about getting stuck into Rangers, but when they get bored of drinking on that, next season will be very sobering for them.

I was putting the perspective into the size of these games compared to any SPL match including Rangers.

i for one wont concern myself with the spl ubtil the rangers are playing in it .

Green is on record as saying we'll never play in it again while he's CEO.

Okay, he might not be here that long, but i don't think Rangers will ever accept an invite to the SPL. The league will need to be reformed.

The fact is that if they fill their grounds for both home games against their local rivals then they will be making almost as much money as a game against Rangers (tickets for Rangers games are usually higher). So the point is valid

It compensates 4 clubs, 4 out of 12. To say it compensates the SPL for the loss of Rangers is nonsense and IMO not a valid point. Im sure the other 8 clubs would disagree with Doncasters take on it.

It would be interesting to know if the sponsors and Sky sports would think it's a valid point.

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil