Craig Whyte: I brought Charles Green in to buy Rangers

Craig Whyte: I brought Charles Green in to buy Rangers

Craig Whyte claims to have introduced Charles Green to Duff and Phelps

Craig Whyte has claimed he introduced Charles Green to Duff and Phelps as the administrators searched for a buyer for Rangers.

The former Rangers owner made the claim in a wide-ranging interview with BBC Scotland's Chris McLaughlin.

He also claimed Duff and Phelps knew of the controversial Ticketus deal before the purchase of the club was complete.

Mr Whyte said the SPL knew in October 2011 that Rangers "had no money" and were heading for administration.

Full details of the interview, and reaction to it, will be on the news website later and on Reporting Scotland at 18:30.

There will be further analysis and discussion on Newsnight Scotland at 23:00 on BBC 2 Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-19976991

can hardly come as a surprise to anyone. even those in denial.

Whyte must be aware that as far the Rangers support is concerned he is beyond redemption in all shapes and forms.

Green claimed on May 13 that he met Whyte for the first time on May 1, hopefully one of them will be able to prove whether that is the case or not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/13/rangers-charles-green-craig-whyte

could be a jack Irvine special. I could quite truthfully claim i'v never met you. doesn't mean we've never spoken etc.

well keep your mind open the circumstantial evidence is piling up.

its only a matter of time till we get the truth.

It really isn't.

Pretty telling you suddenly consider something Whyte says trustworthy because it suits your agenda.

The man is a pathological liar who is now talking to an organisation be banned from Ibrox once. Why you're giving this credibility is beyond me.

I'm surprised Craig Whyte is even walking or breathing after what he did to our club; I'm also surprised that the BBC wish Whyte to be taken seriously given their previous investigations.

One thing is for sure though; IF and it's a big if - but if Green is anyway connected to Whyte then I will not be investing my £500 into the club.