I'm not sure if this part was directed at me or not, but I'll reply with the only reason I mentioned these two songs.

These are songs that are/were popular in culture, we adopted them at Ibrox and they are allowed to be belted out through the tannoy system. Anyone who has a radio knows the words to these songs making it easier for everyone to sing along which then creates a loud and impressive atmosphere.

Some of the songs that are sung at Ibrox (not just BF1) are songs that wouldn't be allowed to be played over the tannoy system or aren't played on the radio meaning fans like myself who don't frequent forums or pubs that may teach me the lyrics to sing along would know the words.

For the record, I believe in free speech and don't think anyone should be chastised for saying or singing words. It would be better for the club if the fans were to stick to songs that don't get us into trouble with the current hardon the media have for reporting everything negative about Rangers.. not to mention the scumbags who sit and watch Rangers games live whilst their team are playing elsewhere just so that they can jot down a minute-by-minute account of songs sung at Ibrox in order to report our club. Having said that, the boys in BF1 do seem to stick to songs that we are dictated are allowed most of the time. I just think it would be better if they stuck to Rangers songs, ones that everyone knows and then maybe the whole of Ibrox will rock again :)

It wasn't mate, it was a general rant about what people want sung.

If BF1 want to have a pop at a government who wants to criminalise them for being football fans what better place to show that disapproval than at said football match. In context and at the appropriate place.

They are not being criminalised for being football fans, they were being criminalised for singing offensive songs

And walking up to someone on the street and calling him a black so so isn't freedom of speech. Standing on a street corner arguing why you think Britain should be white/immigrant free with black/immigrant people walking by is though, standing on a corner ripping an organised religious faith to bits for its hypocrisy with said church across the street is though,and as long as he/she doesn't us racist language they have that right. It might make your blood boil it does mine but they have that right.

Once a government starts telling you what you can or can't have a say on you are on a slippery slope.

You said people should be allowed to "say what they want, when they want", what you've said above contradicts your original point. So in honour of your good self:

:facepalm:

If you're offended by sobs of any type then I feel so sorts for you. Life must be a struggle. How do you get out of bed in the morning.

Try traveling the world and seeing hunger, poverty, violence then come back to me about offensive songs

They are not being criminalised for being football fans, they were being criminalised for singing offensive songs

You said people should be allowed to "say what they want, when they want", what you've said above contradicts your original point. So in honour of your good self:

:facepalm:

Agreed the first post was a bit vague. :)

And again who decides what is or isn't offensive, was watching the Sunday Morning programme and this very subject was being discussed.

Is it every man/woman's right to be offensive if they wish?

There's much more to the stupid football bill than just being offensive, if that was the only reason their is laws already in place for it no need for the new bill.

Plus if its all about the songs why the searches and the overbearing police presence when they haven't sang anything really offensive for ages?

Edited by GovanAllan

If you're offended by sobs of any type then I feel so sorts for you. Life must be a struggle. How do you get out of bed in the morning.

Try traveling the world and seeing hunger, poverty, violence then come back to me about offensive songs

I don't know what sobs are, but I'm not offended by them, nor am I offended by songs either and I doubt anyone is apart from McGobblegivers daughter. Point is that offensive songs get the club into bother.

Again though, the point of the OP is that Rangers fans should sign Rangers songs. Not anti-Celtic/anti-IRA/anti-SNP songs, but PRO-RANGERS songs.

We're drifiting away from the main topic here (which is similar to the epic Orange Shirt thread). The singing at the weekend didn't come anywhere near to crossing the limits of free speeach.

There are two basic opinions being expressed. Some think that politics should be kept out of football, some think it's okay to use football as a platform to voice their political beliefs. Which sounds like a better idea? It seems obvious to me.

Maybe you should ask Holyrood why thy decided to us football as a political point scoring exercise then, before having a go at football fans telling the said government why they think about them.

I don't know what sobs are, but I'm not offended by them, nor am I offended by songs either and I doubt anyone is apart from McGobblegivers daughter. Point is that offensive songs get the club into bother.

Again though, the point of the OP is that Rangers fans should sign Rangers songs. Not anti-Celtic/anti-IRA/anti-SNP songs, but PRO-RANGERS songs.

Just a quick question.

Do you think F#^k the SNP or stick the referendum up your arse was offensive or just in the wrong place?

Just a quick question.

Do you think F#^k the SNP or stick the referendum up your arse was offensive or just in the wrong place?

I think that these songs have no place at the football. Personally, I wasn't offended but no doubt some poor soul cried.

I just want the UB's to sing Rangers songs, that's all. Celebrate the club and our players, we are all united in the common love for that at least. Everyone that goes to Ibrox wants to hear Rangers songs, not everyone wants to hear political and terrorist tunes.

:)

Maybe you should ask Holyrood why thy decided to us football as a political point scoring exercise then, before having a go at football fans telling the said government why they think about them.

I was careful not "have a go" at any fans. I said they didn't cross the line.

Maybe the fans who want to make a political point should ask the questions of Holyrood. Maybe they should write letters. Maybe they should go stand outside the Scottish Parliament and demonstrate. They'd be more likely to get an answer if they did.