Celtic - The (K)newco club

Snatched shamelesly from a blog that will soon be bombarded from the dark side ... and FF

+ + +

2epolnd.jpg

Are you a Bear who is sick and tired of being baited by Timmy who claims we are a new club with no history?

Well I am and finally the time has come for me to do my part and stand up for the Rangers community and give Bears a one stop shop to clamp one of the many Tims who now think they are experts in business law.

I am going to play Devils Advocate for a few minutes. What are the Tims saying about us?

1. We are a Newco because the old company is in the process of being liquidated and a new company was set up. We lose our history because we are a new company.

2. Company and club are the same thing.

Three points that we hear often and three points that are given credence by mainstream Timmy propagandists like the BBC and Graham Speirs.

For the last few months we have argued each of these points and won the argument convincingly, however, Timmy still doesn't understand.

The only way they will understand is if we turn the argument on it's head as I done with a work colleague who eventually starting swearing and abusing me because he could not handle the truth. The said colleague is now going through a disciplinary for his vulgarity so let me explain to you how you can send Timmy off his head as well.

Timmy says:You are a newco because the old company is in the process of being liquidated and a new company was set up! That means you have no history! *rage*

Reply: Timmy, I know your average crowd was less than 30,000 before 1994 but lets give you a little bit of a history lesson about what happened before that time, "if you know your history" and all that. In 1994 Celtic FC were playing football under the holding company of The Celtic Football And Athletic Company Ltd and had ran up debts they could not afford to pay.

(It should be noted at this stage that for all Timmy's talk of stripping titles no Rangers fan has ever called for Celtic to be stripped of their centenary double in 1988 that was won with signings like Mark McGhee, Frank McAvennie and others that the club could not afford.)

Anyway facing ruinous debts Celtic FC were saved from extinction by Fergus McCann who admitted in an open letter to the fans that he was going to set up a "new company". Please find a copy of the said letter below.

755_original.jpg

McCann's plan did slightly alter from the above and a new company was set up in the name of Pacific Shelf 595 Limited.

What McCann done was as follows:

1. Set up a company called Pacific Shelf 595 Limited.

2. Transferred the assets, history and football club from The Celtic Football & Athletic Club Limited to Pacific Shelf 595 Limited

3. Disbanded The Celtic Football & Athletic Club Limited

4. Renamed Pacific Shelf 595 Limited as The Celtic Football & Athletic Club Limited.

Compare this to what has happened at Rangers:

1. Set up a company called Sevco Scotland Limited

2. Transferred the assets, history and football club from The Rangers Football Club Limited to Sevco Scotland Limited

3. Renamed and then set up the process of disbanding ( liqudidating) The Rangers Football Club Limited (admittedly this is pending)

4. Renamed Sevco Scotland Limited as The Rangers Football Club Limited.

As for the losing history debate?

We have now established that you are a new company as well. Are you now saying you've never won the European Cup? 9-in-a-row? Had players like Jinky Johnstone playing for you?

If you wish to claim that we have lost our history you must accept that your history only started in 1994. Simples

Therefore any Celtic fan who claims we are a newco is quite entitled to that belief and he/she may be correct. What they have to realise though is that if we are a newco... So Are They!

Timmy says: You lose your history because we are a new company!!

Reply: Dear Timmy. .

Timmy says: Company and club are the same thing!?

Okay this is getting too easy...

Celtic PLC

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8ccb75c345a7bd41818e472cabff1cbc/compdetails'>http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8ccb75c345a7bd41818e472cabff1cbc/compdetails'>http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8ccb75c345a7bd41818e472cabff1cbc/compdetails

Date of Incorporation: 12/04/1897

Okay companies house confirms the company was incorporated in 1897. If so why are Celtic claiming it's their 125th aniversary next year? By my maths 1897 + 125 = 2022 and not 2012? The reason for this is that Celtic FC was born in 1888 but the COMPANY was not born till nine years later. This is proof that club and company are totally differnet things as most clubs in the UK pre-date any holding company.

Some examples?

Manchester United

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8ccb75c345a7bd41818e472cabff1cbc/compdetails

Date of Incorporation: 21/12/1990 - club founded 1878

Liverpool FC

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/8ccb75c345a7bd41818e472cabff1cbc/compdetails

Date of Incorporation: 21/12/1990 - club founded 1892

I could go on and on....

If any Gers fans need any more advice on shutting up Timmy please follow me on twitter @CelticAreANewco

#WATP #140YEARSOFUNBROKENHISTORY

+ + +

Edited by der Berliner

What about a third company Celtic FC Ltd set up in 2001 ? there's actually 3 companies of theirs on the go

That's the relevant company. The pacific shelf one has never been the football club so the above blog is wrong, I'm afraid.

That's the relevant company. The pacific shelf one has never been the football club so the above blog is wrong, I'm afraid.

In essence that would mean that the company in question was set up in 2001, so the chap used the wrong one, but was essentially right? Didn't have the time to double-check on our earlier debate on this ere posting.

I thought they were HMS402?

That's what the company Celtic FC Ltd were formerly known as. Both Celtic FC Ltd & Celtic plc are very much in use today. It's The Celtic Football & Athletic Coy Ltd which isn't used much.

Maybe Mr Doncaster at the SPL could explain to us how one club can be run by three different companies. Must be in the SPL rulebook somewhere though.