AT: â??Astonished because he was lying?â?�

Poor Alex can't get anyone to comment on his story?

I wonder why? :D

alex thomson ‏@alextomo

#c4news Rangers intimidation - but no interviews granted by Strathclyde Police; Rangers; Scottish FA; BBC or STV

All we need now for Timmy Thomson is to throw in the SAS, snipers and some IED's and we have the next series of Strikeback.

He's a frustrated fiction writer is our Thommo.

Ally's got to be first in line to play the guy who does all the shagging. :D

Poor Alex can't get anyone to comment on his story?

I wonder why? :D

alex thomson ‏@alextomo

#c4news Rangers intimidation - but no interviews granted by Strathclyde Police; Rangers; Scottish FA; BBC or STV

Has he not approached you given that the names of the panel were revealed here first?.......:ninja:

Has he not approached you given that the names of the panel were revealed here first?.......:ninja:

Nah but I'll probably have the polis on my back again though now... ;)

I'll pass them your details! :admin:

by Bill McMurdo | CRO Contributor

I would never belittle the views of those who have the unenviable role of policing our fractured society.

And, as someone who has enjoyed Special Branch protection myself after receiving death threats years back when the IRA bombed governments instead of being part of one, I have cause to be grateful for their work.

But I find it very hard to get my head round Alex Thomson's latest blog rantings about people being advised by SB and anti-terrorist officers of the threat of "razor blades contaminated with anything from faeces through to HIV to ricin" sent by Rangers fans in jiffy bags.

When you read the incredulous things that Toxic Thomo has to say in his blog piece, you actually wonder if he has accidentally mixed up his copious notes on Rangers with the plot outline for Skyfall. Toxic then speaks about a "minority criminal underclass connected to Ibrox." He loves that underclass word, does he not?

Of course, that statement itself is potentially libelous when you consider it actually sounds like he is trying to link the alleged criminality directly to the club. Something, I am sure, the legal department at Ibrox will have noted. Imagine the outrage, for example, if someone wrote about a "criminal underclass connected to Celtic Park."

Alex will, of course, no doubt claim he meant the fans.

Well, to use a Scottish expression for a man so obsessed with a Scottish club, let me just say: "Aye, right!" to the seriously obsessed friend of Mad Phil.

I don't really have much to say about Gary Allan's side of things except to say it is all a bit sensationalist. Of course, it is Special Branch's job to brief and prepare for the worst. But that doesn't mean to say there was ever any real danger of Mr Allan receiving "HIV-laced" razor blades or the like.

Years ago, when I received my threats, I laughed it off as a hoax. Special Branch didn't and I am glad of that. It's their job to be ultra-cautious.

But I have to say this. And I am sure that most Rangers fans will agree with it: I don't know any Rangers fan or group who would be sending jiffy bags with ricin-coated razor blades or viable "devices" to anybody.

Quite frankly – and with all due respect to the police whose job is to be rightly ultra-careful, these claims are laughable but are clearly designed by Thomson to portray Rangers fans in a bad light.

For whatever agenda this discredited journalist appears to be pursuing.

In essence, it looks like Toxic Thomo is taking very thorough and standard procedure advice by those tasked with guarding our safety and using it as a weapon of sensationalist propaganda against a team and fans he clearly has issues with.

It's all a bit like his daft story about being an assassination target by Syrian rebels which had fellow journalists (or rather, proper journalists) in bales of laughter.

Toxic Thomo is a potent example to other journos that wanting to be the story rather than write the story, coupled with maybe reading one or two many Andy McNab books on long plane journeys, can send your career into meltdown.

As for the journalists Thomson claims have been threatened and abused by Rangers fans since last December, if such abuse exists I bet I get worse from bears.

And I'm a bluenose blogger.

I'm certain the QC chap, I still can't recall his name even though I just read it, will be right chuffed with Thomson digging this whole issue up again.

I don't know about you guys on here, but I had forgotten about that whole situation. let alone the names of the people involved!

So, nice one Thommo, not only have you helped everyone involved re-live their experience, whatever it was, you've managed to remind everyone, your peers AND football supporters, just how big a twat you are becoming.

Tom English@TomEnglishSport

People emailing me asking me if I'm one of the 32 journalists supposedly seriously threatened by Rangers fans. I'm not.

Retweeted by Chris Graham

There are 32 journalists in Scotland? Oh wait, he probably did not mean Scotland, but then again, how many would you actually call journalists anyway?