Craig Levein exits as Scotland coach following talks

If Scottish then id want Strachan or Walter or George Graham with Joe Jordan and Gary McAllister to complete the coaching staff. Perhaps Lambert would be a good option as well, but he's probably later down the line.

Likes of Coyle, Billy Davies, Joe Jordan, Dalglish, McLeish all named but Jordan would be a good assistant. The rest no thanks.

Id certainly see if Harry Redknapp fanices it though....

If Scottish then id want Strachan or Walter or George Graham with Joe Jordan and Gary McAllister to complete the coaching staff. Perhaps Lambert would be a good option as well, but he's probably later down the line.

Likes of Coyle, Billy Davies, Joe Jordan, Dalglish, McLeish all named but Jordan would be a good assistant. The rest no thanks.

Id certainly see if Harry Redknapp fanices it though....

George Graham?? When was the last time he was involved in football? No thanks.

Glad he's gone. I genuinely thought he would be more progressive with the best squad we have had in years but he became far too negative IMO and should have gone on these reasons alone:

1. Played the shocking 4-6-0 formation against an ageing Czech side but goes for a more positive team V the World/Euro champs?

2. Says Fletcher will never play for Scotland again then states that all it took to get him back was a simple phone call.. If that was the case, why didn't you make that call before the home games V Serbia and Macedonia?

3. States that are 7 players ahead of Commons in the squad and then picks him after one injury. This on the back of Commons decent start to the season

The guys turned into an arrogant fool

CRAIG LEVEIN was given the Scotland bullet — after refusing to take part in a bizarre trial by TELEPHONE.

Levein had met with SFA President Campbell Ogilvie and chief executive Stewart Regan last Tuesday and was told to turn up at Hampden yesterday to be grilled by the board.

But SunSport understands he was told he’d have to sit in a DIFFERENT room from his interrogators and only speak to them via conference call.

However, Levein decided NOT to attend and received confirmation of his sacking hours later over the phone.

The SFA’s seven-man committee is made up of Regan, Ogilvie, vice- presidents Rod Petrie and Alan McRae as well as outgoing SPL man Ralph Topping, Junior FA president Tom Johnston and non-executive director Barrie Jackson, who works in the brewing industry.

They had been deliberating for three days before officially announcing their decision to end Levein’s three-year reign as national team manager at 7pm last night.

They had demanded answers for the miserable form shown by the Scots during this World Cup qualifying campaign, which has seen only two points gained from four matches. It was initially expected a judgement on Levein’s time would be delivered last week but their meeting broke up on Friday with no outcome because the board were demanding more information and further time to think.

But the time it took them to reach a decision caused outrage, with many believing Levein was left unfairly swinging in the wind over the weekend.

The 48-year-old was determined to continue doing his job as normal despite the uncertainty and attended Saturday’s Sunderland v Aston Villa match.

Ironically that meant his final act as boss was to run the rule over Steven Fletcher, the player whose non-inclusion dogged the manager for 18 months.

With the squad for the trip to Luxembourg originally due to be announced later today, Levein put the finishing touches to the pool over the weekend.

But now that list will be scrapped, with Under-21’s boss Billy Stark selecting his own group to take with him next week.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4629317/No-conference-crawl-for-Craig.html#ixzz2BQidnQZA

I will always love my country and International team. It is the people running it I dislike.

Agree with you here. Although I don't find myself being as upset when they do get beat. The Wales loss didn't bother me like a Rangers defeat does.

CRAIG LEVEIN was given the Scotland bullet — after refusing to take part in a bizarre trial by TELEPHONE.

Levein had met with SFA President Campbell Ogilvie and chief executive Stewart Regan last Tuesday and was told to turn up at Hampden yesterday to be grilled by the board.

But SunSport understands he was told he’d have to sit in a DIFFERENT room from his interrogators and only speak to them via conference call.

However, Levein decided NOT to attend and received confirmation of his sacking hours later over the phone.

The SFA’s seven-man committee is made up of Regan, Ogilvie, vice- presidents Rod Petrie and Alan McRae as well as outgoing SPL man Ralph Topping, Junior FA president Tom Johnston and non-executive director Barrie Jackson, who works in the brewing industry.

They had been deliberating for three days before officially announcing their decision to end Levein’s three-year reign as national team manager at 7pm last night.

They had demanded answers for the miserable form shown by the Scots during this World Cup qualifying campaign, which has seen only two points gained from four matches. It was initially expected a judgement on Levein’s time would be delivered last week but their meeting broke up on Friday with no outcome because the board were demanding more information and further time to think.

But the time it took them to reach a decision caused outrage, with many believing Levein was left unfairly swinging in the wind over the weekend.

The 48-year-old was determined to continue doing his job as normal despite the uncertainty and attended Saturday’s Sunderland v Aston Villa match.

Ironically that meant his final act as boss was to run the rule over Steven Fletcher, the player whose non-inclusion dogged the manager for 18 months.

With the squad for the trip to Luxembourg originally due to be announced later today, Levein put the finishing touches to the pool over the weekend.

But now that list will be scrapped, with Under-21’s boss Billy Stark selecting his own group to take with him next week.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4629317/No-conference-crawl-for-Craig.html#ixzz2BQidnQZA

Seriously? By phone in a different room? I wouldn't have shown up either (if this is true). Our FA are a laughing stock. They are SO obvious it's incredible.

As for who is next?

I wouldn't mind Strachan I suppose, meh to Owen Coyle. Walter wouldn't take it.

3. States that are 7 players ahead of Commons in the squad and then picks him after one injury. This on the back of Commons decent start to the season

The guys turned into an arrogant fool

Didnt include him in the squad, 1 player drops out and Commons is called up and goes straight into the team.

The guy was deluded...and as you say arrogant.

CRAIG LEVEIN last night threatened legal action against the SFA over his sacking as Scotland boss.

The former national team coach is set to go to war with the governing body after being removed from his post on Monday.

Levein paid the price for a woeful start to the 2014 World Cup campaign with two points from our first four games.

He was sacked after the SFA spent three weeks deciding on his future — but is not going without a fight. He said: “I am extremely disappointed by the process of the last week.

“I note the position as stated by the Scottish Football Association but do not concur and I am currently taking legal advice as to my options.”

SunSport understands any legal battle could centre on the terms of the £700k pay-off due to the axed Scotland boss.

Chief executive Stewart Regan revealed the SFA plan to pay Levein his full salary over the remaining 20 months of his contract — and NOT as a lump sum. This effectively places him on gardening leave until summer 2014.

It could mean that an agreement would still have to be reached between all parties should Levein find a new job before then.

Tony Mowbray was in a similar situation when he was sacked as Celtic boss March 2010 — later claiming he had to “write off around £350k” to take the Middlesbrough job seven months later.

Levein — who won just three of 12 competitive games in charge — was speaking for the first time since his dismissal.

He said: “I would like to thank everyone who has supported the team and me during my time as Scotland manager.

“It has been a privilege to have done the job and I would like to thank my backroom staff who have worked tirelessly during my time as manager.

“Most of all I’d like to thank the players for their unswerving loyalty, effort and professionalism.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4633058/Leveins-ready-to-sue-SFA.html#ixzz2BcrlmMp7