Dave King no longer "restraint"

He might've put money into Rangers and thats great. But he stood idly by and let Murray and Whyte run us into the ground.

I'm curious though what did his £20million buy him? Not shares anyway or any real say in what was going on. He claims to have owned 5% but was that even true?

If I was investing that sort of money I would want a bit of power. The ENIC guy got 25% for his £40million.

He might've put money into Rangers and thats great. But he stood idly by and let Murray and Whyte run us into the ground.

I'm curious though what did his £20million buy him? Not shares anyway or any real say in what was going on. He claims to have owned 5% but was that even true?

If I was investing that sort of money I would want a bit of power. The ENIC guy got 25% for his £40million.

He had just under 5% till the unwinding of Murray Sports Limited then had 5.3%

If you ever read the RFC accounts or Plus Markets announcements then details are in there.

I will admit I don't have any real knowledge of how any of this works but how I see it is:

In 97/98 Joe Lewis got 25% Rangers for £40 milliion which would value us at around £160 million. In 2000 or so Dave King got 5% for his £20 million which values us at £400 million. Then in 2001 Joe Lewis sold his 25% back to Murray for about £10 million when Rangers were apparently £80 million in debt and Murray had to do the share issue.

I don't know what to make of Dave King. Perhaps he did it because he loves Rangers but from a purely business view that chain of events seems nuts

I will admit I don't have any real knowledge of how any of this works but how I see it is:

In 97/98 Joe Lewis got 25% Rangers for £40 milliion which would value us at around £160 million. In 2000 or so Dave King got 5% for his £20 million which values us at £400 million. Then in 2001 Joe Lewis sold his 25% back to Murray for about £10 million when Rangers were apparently £80 million in debt and Murray had to do the share issue.

I don't know what to make of Dave King. Perhaps he did it because he loves Rangers but from a purely business view that chain of events seems nuts

David Murray had an uncanny ability to persuade otherwise rational businessmen to part with their cash, add NTL and their circa £15m to that list.

I would hazard a guess that he had to get rid of it or Mr Taxman was wanting some of it.