Green plans Rangers wage cap

So you want us to go back to spending what we don't have then?

the thing is, with a 40 million turnover, we have 25 grand a week for our best players. if our business is run properly we can have 3 or 4 right good players on scottish terms top dollar.

It really is kind of strange. A few months back we had people crying foul of us paying Black and Co. 7k a week, as this is no-where near a "Third Division" wage (but still only about a third of our previous "higher" earners). Now people cry foul of a wage cap (for how long, 2 years?) without knowing the actual figures involved? Unless I am mistaken, 7k a week is still a really competitive wage in most parts of Britain and Europe. Real quality might be tempted by better wages in England, but England right now is no measure. For the time being, we should look at achievements made by Malmö, Maribor, Montpellier, or Braga ... who I would assume do not pay as much to their players even now ...

i completely agree but those sort of brains take a right good scouting team which we dont have.

realisticaly we need to be beating celtc more often than not or the beats won't be happy.

a good run in Europe every ten years won't mean much if we aren't.

we wont win the top league in scotland ever again with any sort of wage cap especially if it is a fraction of what celtic are able and willing to pay. trophies will also become a thing of the past.

When under the old guard and with the jjb deal in place our turnover was circa £40 odd million give or take a couple of million , that would give you a wage bill of approx £13 pa , almost double what we have now.

Given that everyone who has posted on the jjb deal have consistently posted that £5 million net profit equates to approx £20-25 million of turnover , which would raise out turnover to £60-65 million approx and a wage bill of approx £20-22 million , now if anyone tells me that with proper scouting and a decent sized squad we wouldnt be able to win the league then I think they are nuts , and these figures are all before any growth across any of our present deals , such as kit deals , shirt sponsorship , stadium advertising etc etc

Also all of the above is without any european revenue , it will be at least 3 years before we get that either.

Just noticed on the official site about the game being on RTV at £5.99 in the UK and abroad at the same price , now I know we all have and possibly do use illegal streams , however if a conservative amount of fans worldwide pay this , even , it could bring in an amazing amount of cash

which we dont have. we have always had to spend 10 times what everyone else spent to win leagues and cups in scotland.

we wont win the top league in scotland ever again with any sort of wage cap especially if it is a fraction of what celtic are able and willing to pay. trophies will also become a thing of the past.

You cannot possibly know any of that, considering how situations can change all the time.

When under the old guard and with the jjb deal in place our turnover was circa £40 odd million give or take a couple of million , that would give you a wage bill of approx £13 pa , almost double what we have now.

Given that everyone who has posted on the jjb deal have consistently posted that £5 million net profit equates to approx £20-25 million of turnover , which would raise out turnover to £60-65 million approx and a wage bill of approx £20-22 million , now if anyone tells me that with proper scouting and a decent sized squad we wouldnt be able to win the league then I think they are nuts , and these figures are all before any growth across any of our present deals , such as kit deals , shirt sponsorship , stadium advertising etc etc

Also all of the above is without any european revenue , it will be at least 3 years before we get that either.

Just noticed on the official site about the game being on RTV at £5.99 in the UK and abroad at the same price , now I know we all have and possibly do use illegal streams , however if a conservative amount of fans worldwide pay this , even , it could bring in an amazing amount of cash

while you have a point your not quite comparing like for like. 7.5 is our first team wage bill this 33% appears to be for all wages which will include ni tax etc.

the thing is, with a 40 million turnover, we have 25 grand a week for our best players. if our business is run properly we can have 3 or 4 right good players on scottish terms top dollar.

What player who would play in Scottish Football these days is worth 25K a week, although I see your point.

For me nobody should be more than 15K.