Green plans Rangers wage cap

Really folks, this mock outrage is beyond me. Not least because no-one actually knows what sort of wage cup (if any) is actually being thought of ... while some were actually moaning about us keeping the "high-earners", paying too much to Black, or not making people redundant when we went into admin.

So when C*lt*c say - 'we'll put down a tenner' our reply will be - 'we'll put down a fiver' :facepalm:

it will be more like a pound for every ten they spend. winning trophies will be a thing of the past and celtic will replace us as the worlds most successful club in record time. a wage cap will finish our club in a way not even craig whyte could have dreamt of.

it will be more like a pound for every ten they spend. winning trophies will be a thing of the past and celtic will replace us as the worlds most successful club in record time. a wage cap will finish our club in a way not even craig whyte could have dreamt of.

Only in a Hooped Horror's wet dream.

I have no idea what the Ceptic wage bill is like....however, when you look at a good number of their squad, they arrived in Glasgow as complete unknowns, therefore I would imagine on relatively low wages. Take Wanyama for example, by the time he's thinking about demanding high wages, he'll be sold for a hefty profit and off the wage bill anyway!!!

I have no problem with a basic wage cap, possibly topped up with performance related bonuses if needs be. There is a trade off though. The wage cap needs to be at a sufficient level in order to allow the club to be competitive/successful at the top of the Scottish game. If the club is successful, it can be profitable. If we spend too much on expensive Prima-donnas, the finances will suffer (as they have in the past).

33% of turnover might be quite a lot of wages, depending on turnover of course.

I read on another thread Bayern Munich's ST prices are £96. Anyone know what percentage of wages to turnover their players get?

They must be getting in a helluva lot of sponsorship money.

Quite frankly I don't see the big deal in all of this. We'd been over-paying too many people for too long whose contributions weren't good enough.

We need higher performance targets all round for those employed by our club. The first team manager must ensure we're competing in all three domestics competitions and in a European competition beyond August. There must be a proper domestic & worldwide scouting system constantly identifying players. IMO we don't have this at present. We need a youth policy capable of producing players with first team ability & ambitions. Until we see substantial offers for players who have broken thro' into our first team then we don't yet have this either.

If all of these are achieved then salaries/funding shouldn't be an issue. When CG talks about a wage cap I'm sure he's talking about a salaries budget related to turnover. More success means more turnover meaning a bigger budget for salaries meaning succesful players at Rangers will earn more

So, your suggestion is go mad with the wages, and get in a load of top notch international players??? Why don't we just throw in a couple of tax avoidance schemes as well - that should increase the calibre of player we can get. The future's looking brighter already.

Oh Oh...stop the bus.....we've already tried that. Trophy count = Good.....massive debt & liquidation = bad.

fans better get ready for relegation battles in the future. this is ridiculous to say the least. all geared towards making profit and playing on fans blind loyalties. count me out.

Even if the wage cap is 33% of our turnover that's still almost certainly greater than 100% of the turnover of all the SPL clubs bar one. So talk of relegation is a bit panicked. Financial fair play regulations are going to have to be adopted by all clubs so caps are going to become the norm.

And I doubt Green is daft enough to run the club in a way that it can't compete for the title. That would clearly end up being less profitable as attendances would fall.