Green plans Rangers wage cap

people have been saying that for a while. i have yet to see it mate. there are absolutely no signs of them lowering the quality or depth of their squad.

You could be right and I'm not really disputing it,I was just thinking along the lines of the general demise of Scottish football which has never happened before,with Rangers being out of the top league for 3-4 years,clubs will suffer financially and are and it will only get worse IMO unless change is made sooner rather than later,the BHEASTS will feel a hit with us not being at the top table as we would if it was them,maybe not now but it will kick in eventually!. How many decent players will want to come to Scotland from next season onwards?,not to mention the BHEASTS drop in attendances!. Maybe!

You could be right and I'm not really disputing it,I was just thinking along the lines of the general demise of Scottish football which has never happened before,with Rangers being out of the top league for 3-4 years,clubs will suffer financially and are and it will only get worse IMO unless change is made sooner rather than later,the BHEASTS will feel a hit with us not being at the top table as we would if it was them,maybe not now but it will kick in eventually!. How many decent players will want to come to Scotland from next season onwards?,not to mention the BHEASTS drop in attendances!. Maybe!

much will depend on their cl success. if they make the last 16 it will prop them up for 2 or even 3 years.

much will depend on their cl success. if they make the last 16 it will prop them up for 2 or even 3 years.

Possibly,however enticing quality players to Scotland was always difficult,it's a different ball game now without Rangers!. Either way this is a chance for us to get our house in order and that's what we should be concentrating on,the rest will take care of itself

rangers and celtic both have their own sustainability though ian. we are both huge in this country and both have enough season ticket holders and corporate fans to have better players than everyone else no matter what state the game in scotland is in. look at us, it couldnt really get much worse. no tv money, division 3, minimum sponsorship money, season ticket prices slashed to an all time relevant low, match day tickets prices down, our whole balance sheet will look different for a while yet we can still afford the second best squad in the country. i dont see either of us getting weaker because the other is not there. the bheasts drop in attendances have been going on for 5 years now, they have still managed to entice players, and during a spell when they were a joke in europe too, they still managed to spend money building a huge squad stronger than everyone else. they are not selling their best players, they are giving them new contracts. every match in europe for them, every glamour tie, every year in europe, and us not being there, will take them further away from us.

rangers and celtic both have their own sustainability though ian. we are both huge in this country and both have enough season ticket holders and corporate fans to have better players than everyone else no matter what state the game in scotland is in. look at us, it couldnt really get much worse. no tv money, division 3, minimum sponsorship money, season ticket prices slashed to an all time relevant low, match day tickets prices down, our whole balance sheet will look different for a while yet we can still afford the second best squad in the country. i dont see either of us getting weaker because the other is not there. the bheasts drop in attendances have been going on for 5 years now, they have still managed to entice players, and during a spell when they were a joke in europe too, they still managed to spend money building a huge squad stronger than everyone else. they are not selling their best players, they are giving them new contracts. every match in europe for them, every glamour tie, every year in europe, and us not being there, will take them further away from us.

As I said I'm not really disputing the point,but this is a different scenario and who knows where it will lead,will the sponsorship still be there next season?,how many clubs are going to weaken/struggle/fold?,we just don't know yet,maybe the BHEASTS will stay strong and keep signing quality players?,but I'm sure we are on the right path to being healthy again and I'm sure we will be back competing and winning again,we can't stand still and the BHEASTS keep moving ahead,if that's the case the why bother trying to get back to the top?.

I'm rambling again but if I don't have that belief then I'd just give up.

As I said I'm not really disputing the point,but this is a different scenario and who knows where it will lead,will the sponsorship still be there next season?,how many clubs are going to weaken/struggle/fold?,we just don't know yet,maybe the BHEASTS will stay strong and keep signing quality players?,but I'm sure we are on the right path to being healthy again and I'm sure we will be back competing and winning again,we can't stand still and the BHEASTS keep moving ahead,if that's the case the why bother trying to get back to the top?.

I'm rambling again but if I don't have that belief then I'd just give up.

that is exactly why i am against this wage cap nonsense. we have to show ambition. not crazy wild debt but smart clever scouting. our club needs backroom changes which we dont look like getting. we need a total football input from pure football brains both in scouting and coaching.

that is exactly why i am against this wage cap nonsense. we have to show ambition. not crazy wild debt but smart clever scouting. our club needs backroom changes which we dont look like getting. we need a total football input from pure football brains both in scouting and coaching.

And who is to say the BHEASTS won't have to introduce a wage cap in the future?