King wants to invest again at end of season.

@simplythebest

I wasn't going to reply...but, well, I can't help myself.

Tim? Was that leveled at me? Sorry, raised a protestant and an atheist since I was 10. Couldn't give a rats arse about any ones religion since I know they are all equally meaningless. The casual racism and bigotry in the usage of words like "Tim" and "******" here, is something that never fails to jolt me. Having moved south as soon as I could after school it's not something I have ever had to think about since.

In fact, in todays climate if you removed those two words and put "n****r" or "jew" in their places, and were a message board in England, this place could be shut down and the owners in court. And yes, before any one complains, you can be equally critical of Celtic web sites.

It's hard to comment on specific players or games as I have lived in London for 17 years. Is it worth repeating what I read in the papers? I think not. In previous seasons it was easy to watch games on Sky, this season...? Well, you know the answer to that.

So, why do I come here and talk about Rangers, etc? Easy, there's no one else to talk over this stuff with. Outside of the Rangers/Celtic games no-one in England really cares about Scottish football and they only care about Rangers and Celtic during those matches. It's held in as much the same general contempt as the Welsh league is...that's if you can find any one who is actually bothered enough to have an opinion on Scottish football.

On the European stage Scotland is a tiny, little insignificant blip. I know some (most?) Rangers fans have an active disregard - if not outright hostility - towards the Scottish national side and the Tartan Army, but the fact that they are currently doing so poorly only makes everything connected with Scottish football even less worthy of interest to any one south of the border.

Oh, and I had a look at both FF and the RM sites as I was told they were the "Big Two" as far as web sites for Rangers went. I thought both of them were cesspools.

If I had known i was getting myself into a John Le Carre novel, I would have worn a tuxedo.

Whatever problems you have with my posts to throw about that kind of accusation at me is unfair, Celtic fans call themselves tims all the time, the religious connotations behind it are very limited as far as football is concerned. Perhaps it was a mistake to mention it at all but I made it clear I wasn't levelling anything at you.

We've still had a fair number of games on TV and they're all usually easily accessible on the internet anyway, end of the day the football is meant to be why we love Rangers.

I appreciate all that and it's good you can have a place like this to discuss Rangers, it's just a shame that Charles Green is pretty much all you see worth discussing (your entitlement to feel that way). Maybe i'm just naive and need to get with the times but I long for a return to the days where the blue players kicking the ball about on the green thing is what it's all about, as the Gallant Pioneers intended.

Anyway you clearly took offence and I apologise since it was never intended, it's my own peace of mind if anything that made me pick up on the topics you post in. Don't appreciate subtly being called a racist and a bigot though.

@simplythebest

I wasn't going to reply...but, well, I can't help myself.

Tim? Was that leveled at me? Sorry, raised a protestant and an atheist since I was 10. Couldn't give a rats arse about any ones religion since I know they are all equally meaningless. The casual racism and bigotry in the usage of words like "Tim" and "******" here, is something that never fails to jolt me. Having moved south as soon as I could after school it's not something I have ever had to think about since.

In fact, in todays climate if you removed those two words and put "n****r" or "jew" in their places, and were a message board in England, this place could be shut down and the owners in court. And yes, before any one complains, you can be equally critical of Celtic web sites.

It's hard to comment on specific players or games as I have lived in London for 17 years. Is it worth repeating what I read in the papers? I think not. In previous seasons it was easy to watch games on Sky, this season...? Well, you know the answer to that.

So, why do I come here and talk about Rangers, etc? Easy, there's no one else to talk over this stuff with. Outside of the Rangers/Celtic games no-one in England really cares about Scottish football and they only care about Rangers and Celtic during those matches. It's held in as much the same general contempt as the Welsh league is...that's if you can find any one who is actually bothered enough to have an opinion on Scottish football.

On the European stage Scotland is a tiny, little insignificant blip. I know some (most?) Rangers fans have an active disregard - if not outright hostility - towards the Scottish national side and the Tartan Army, but the fact that they are currently doing so poorly only makes everything connected with Scottish football even less worthy of interest to any one south of the border.

Oh, and I had a look at both FF and the RM sites as I was told they were the "Big Two" as far as web sites for Rangers went. I thought both of them were cesspools.

If I had known i was getting myself into a John Le Carre novel, I would have worn a tuxedo.

Oh lords help us that's all we need some Cockney football expert looking to join a Book club. As if things are not bad enough.

Gunslinger that bid was put to the administrators less than 10 minutes after we had already gone , it was a pathetic move by Smith and MccColl and one I wont ever forgive them for , cowardly at best and never seriously considered by any one , it was only done for show IMHO

but it was fully funded and virus the notion no one else would have rescued us.

it was indeed very last minute calls were still being made at 11am as I arrived in London.

i don't assume hes lying but the leaked presentation seemed genuine and referenced a possible dividend.

as i always say. that will be unacceptable if it transpires.

Unacceptable to you. But not to all !

Gunslinger that bid was put to the administrators less than 10 minutes after we had already gone , it was a pathetic move by Smith and MccColl and one I wont ever forgive them for , cowardly at best and never seriously considered by any one , it was only done for show IMHO

It was oddly timed, but in retrospect I think there's other ways to look at that McColl bid. Under normal circumstances with a football club administration I don't think it would be unusual at all for a new bidder to come to the table immediately after a failed CVA attempt. It was probably far more unusual to have a situation like we did where the administrators closed the door on all the other bidders and said they had entered into that so-called 'binding agreement' to sell the club and it's assets to Green & co if the CVA attempt (cough) failed.

It was oddly timed, but in retrospect I think there's other ways to look at that McColl bid. Under normal circumstances with a football club administration I don't think it would be unusual at all for a new bidder to come to the table immediately after a failed CVA attempt. It was probably far more unusual to have a situation like we did where the administrators closed the door on all the other bidders and said they had entered into that so-called 'binding agreement' to sell the club and it's assets to Green & co immediately after the CVA failure.

But that was the whole point of the offer being unconditional I think, Green and co did a deal to buy the club whatever the creditors voted, they got named preferred bidder and the deal was done.

One of the knight's biggest downfalls really was the 'CVA or nothing' insistance.

But that was the whole point of the offer being unconditional I think, Green and co did a deal to buy the club whatever the creditors voted, they got named preferred bidder and the deal was done.

I don't think it was the correct way for the administrators to have dealt with the situation because it didn't serve their primary duties to the club and it's creditors properly. How could they justify that so-called 'binding contract' to the creditors if someone else was willing to pay more than Green & co for the asset transfer? If they did have this contract, then McColl could have come in offering £2m more than Green & co for the assets after the CVA failure and you'd assume that D&P would technically have had to say "no we can't accept an offer that gives the creditors more money" which is clearly wrong and points in the direction of a conflict of interest.