King wants to invest again at end of season.

Everyone views the events that transpired in different ways. In the end we won't learn the truth about much of what went on behind the scenes, so we're left to speculate and form our own views and opinions. There's not much point in the what if's though.

There's a point in that it plays a part in forming my overall opinion on the ownership. I feared the worst and see them as the people who kept us alive so I feel a big sense of gratitude rightly or wrongly.

No, nonsense as I said because there were several parties waiting with cash to buy the club and assets like Green & co did after their successful CVA failure.

The only confirmed one was that Smith thing that lasted five minutes, the rest has been nothing but speculation. Plus I don't see how we had time for another bidding war anyway, if certain people had been less arrogant in assuming a CVA would have been accepted they could have got on differently.

So feel free to call it nonsense but counter opinion should always be welcome.

Edited by simplythebest

Well that's what he's always said, and that income always goes into the club.

Although if you assume he's lying it's a bit hard to prove, maybe the prospectus will confirm it once and for all.

He also said on many occasions that he wouldn't be taking a wage from the club but it now transpires he is.

The only confirmed one was that Smith thing that lasted five minutes, the rest has been nothing but speculation. Plus I don't see how we had time for another bidding war anyway, if certain people had been less arrogant in assuming a CVA would have been accepted they could have got on differently.

it wouldn't have taken long . if you remember back on the day green bought us I told people a new bid was coming. it was literally sorted out that morning.

I only ever say something is nonsense if I genuinely feel that way and it has nothing to do with whether it's an opinion that differs from mine or not, it's purely based on what I think of the subject matter. Counter opinion IS always welcome here and you know that. If it wasn't, then some of us wouldn't stick our neck's out so often and voice opinions that we know will be unpopular. It's what makes this a great wee forum.

Not really, the share values can only really rise if the club progresses on the park.

Is that right? I had shares in the Royal Bank, fancy explaining how that worked out for me? Share value is only an indicator of market confidence, nothing else. The 'market' have a different view on Rangers than me and you I think. Progress on the park is linked but progress off the park will be far more important to them.

It's a fantasy world where there isn't a business element to football, and let's remember if these 'hedge fund managers' hadn't seen us as an attractive investment we might no longer have a club.

The second part of that para is a strawman frankly. There has been a 'business element' to football since it went professional well over 100 years ago, running a club correctly is nothing new, these guys haven't just discovered alchemy you know.

it wouldn't have taken long . if you remember back on the day green bought us I told people a new bid was coming. it was literally sorted out that morning.

Gunslinger that bid was put to the administrators less than 10 minutes after we had already gone , it was a pathetic move by Smith and MccColl and one I wont ever forgive them for , cowardly at best and never seriously considered by any one , it was only done for show IMHO

Is that right? I had shares in the Royal Bank, fancy explaining how that worked out for me? Share value is only an indicator of market confidence, nothing else. The 'market' have a different view on Rangers than me and you I think. Progress on the park is linked but progress off the park will be far more important to them.

The second part of that para is a strawman frankly. There has been a 'business element' to football since it went professional well over 100 years ago, running a club correctly is nothing new, these guys haven't just discovered alchemy you know.

And market confidence in a football club can only increase if you're prospering on and off the park, just think what a return to the CL would do for example. Can you give me an example of how the share price can go up while hindering our progress on the park?

Easy to write off the second part as exaggeration now but the club was under huge genuine threat, many have forgotten that easily.

It has been but not only do you disapprove of dividends but you disapprove of them selling on their shares for a profit. What's expected, just do everything for no reward at all?

Edited by simplythebest

And market confidence in a football club can only increase if you're prospering on and off the park, just think what a return to the CL would do for example. Can you give me an example of how the share price can go up while hindering our progress on the park?

I remain to be convinced the market is eagerly awaiting the flotation of a 3rd Division Scottish football club on the basis they might get into the first qualifying round of the CL in 4 years time.