The Buy Rangers Community Share Scheme is live at www.buyrangers.org

Two of them were then they took the plunge! Cobbetts (lawyers) are holding the money in an escrow account.

Non-board board members would be welcome, without a doubt, just like non-board members wrote a lot of the stuff you see on the web.

The "rules" that you posted a link to stated that there ARE "several prominent members of the Rangers Family who do not serve on the Board This ensures arm’s length accountability for you at all times". You seem to be saying that this statement is incorrect but are allowing it to remain unchanged. This is also misleading potential investors.

On the buying in Rangers the club. Cenkos have stated it's fine until the 19th when money goes to the holding company.

And you think that this is satisfactory? Whether Cenkos says it is OK or not, it is totally wrong and is verging on fraud. You are telling people that their cash will go towards buying the shares in one company when it is a totally different company that they are buying the shares in.

I thought that it was an innocent mistake and that you would correct it but by deliberately not changing it when it has been pointed out to you means that you are getting fan's cash on false pretences.

I am shocked that you are allowing these false statements to stand.

Edited by Bluedell

TB, they are buying a share in the Community Share Scheme whose sole purpose is to buy Rangers shares (or, as it turned out, the holding company's shares). They will collectively own all the shares as they will be members of the RST. I've had the certificate for the wall and the AGM invites, it didn't do any of us any good. Once the shares are listed I will probably get one so that I can attend the AGM but the rest of my money is going into the collective effort. Monies invested before Tuesday will be going to the IPO so people are investing in the Club when they otherwise couldn't.

The certificate on the wall and the AGM invites are all anyone wants from their small shareholding. To ask people to invest but not even give them that small, but sentimentally important, luxury is where this scheme goes wrong IMO. I am also disappointed to learn today that my voting rights in RST business are going to be taken away to be replaced by, well nothing at all really.

Can I ask you, will these new shareholders in RST be able to vote by proxy, or by email, on the way it wants the RST board to either vote or take action on club business? At the moment it is only possible to vote on RST actions at the RST AGM, and only in person. With all these new members/shareholders coming on board, which I welcome, will they have to turn up in person to have a say or is the fundamental workings of the RST going to change to accomodate all these Bears who are signing up from all over the world?

The certificate on the wall and the AGM invites are all anyone wants from their small shareholding. To ask people to invest but not even give them that small, but sentimentally important, luxury is where this scheme goes wrong IMO. I am also disappointed to learn today that my voting rights in RST business are going to be taken away to be replaced by, well nothing at all really.

Can I ask you, will these new shareholders in RST be able to vote by proxy, or by email, on the way it wants the RST board to either vote or take action on club business? At the moment it is only possible to vote on RST actions at the RST AGM, and only in person. With all these new members/shareholders coming on board, which I welcome, will they have to turn up in person to have a say or is the fundamental workings of the RST going to change to accomodate all these Bears who are signing up from all over the world?

A bit of a sweeping statement there: "all anyone wants". Perhaps you know everyone? Also, I would be interested to know how your voting rights are being taken away.

Additionally, if you are a direct shareholder in Rangers then how do you get to vote on club business other than at the AGM?

As it happens, I think it would be a good idea for the RST to develop innovative way to engage its membership. But it isn't very fair to hold them to a standard that others are not held to and then criticise them for not meeting that standard.

A bit of a sweeping statement there: "all anyone wants". Perhaps you know everyone? Also, I would be interested to know how your voting rights are being taken away.

Additionally, if you are a direct shareholder in Rangers then how do you get to vote on club business other than at the AGM?

As it happens, I think it would be a good idea for the RST to develop innovative way to engage its membership. But it isn't very fair to hold them to a standard that others are not held to and then criticise them for not meeting that standard.

I'd say that's not quite true, at the Rangers AGM you can proxy your vote to the say the RST to make your (collective) voice heard from afar. Can you proxy your vote at the RST AGM?

Can you proxy your vote at the RST AGM?

You can in theory but members are not given an agenda or told what is being voted on prior to the last AGM so you can't tell your proxy which way to vote if you don't have a clue what is being voted on.

I'd say that's not quite true, at the Rangers AGM you can proxy your vote to the say the RST to make your (collective) voice heard from afar. Can you proxy your vote at the RST AGM?

True. I often proxy my vote in the context of my other shareholdings (see proxyvote dot com). But, you are still limited to the AGM as a voting forum. Also, you are limited to voting on a few very specific issues. In general terms, your vote is a drop in the ocean compared to the institutional votes.

It is also true that individual shareholders could give their proxy to the RST. But, if they do that then they have no mechanism to ensure that the RST will represent their interests. The only way to do that is to be part of the RST.

You can in theory but members are not given an agenda or told what is being voted on prior to the last AGM so you can't tell your proxy which way to vote if you don't have a clue what is being voted on.

In January there will be an online function where members will propose and vote on various issue they feel relevant. Basically, members not on the board will shape policy. Looking forward to it being live.