Nottingham Forest name Alex McLeish as new manager

• 3 weeks later...

Forest thumped 3-0 at home to Watford. Eck's start has been awful. Only 1 win in 5 against bottom side Peterborough.

Nottingham Forest boss Alex McLeish:

"We were devoid of any ideas and legs and it was one of the worst defensive performances I've seen - it was a 'brain dead' performance.

"There needs to be a vast improvement because we won't get to the play-offs with displays like that. I didn't think Watford were extra special - just that we were very poor on the day.

Hmmm, I think they were doing quite well up until O'Driscoll got sacked. McLeish was one of the best British centre halfs of all time yet every team he has managed has always been poor defensively, he cant expect players to be at his level and should work with them more on the training ground.

Watford flying at the moment, I think Zola is putting himseld in the shop window for the Chelsea job, it would well be worth a bet.

The Championship once again proving to be the most competitive league in the world....24 teams in it. 6 all in contention for auto promotion and the next 6 can all make the play offs. The bottom 10 can all still go down. Take note SPL!!!

Edited by Gribz

I see he is trying to sign Burke...

I have always wondered why Burke is nowhere near the Scotland set up. I remember a year or so ago Adrian Durham said he thought Burke was the most naturally talented player in the Championship.

he has just won a call up this week mate.

Rumours abound that McLeish will walk from Forest over the Boyd affair (George!)

The Chairmen pulled the plug on the deal because of some jumped up eye Dr's view on a vision defect the players had since he was a baby. It hasn't affected his career so far and McLeish is said to be fuming.

Rumours abound that McLeish will walk from Forest over the Boyd affair (George!)

The Chairmen pulled the plug on the deal because of some jumped up eye Dr's view on a vision defect the players had since he was a baby. It hasn't affected his career so far and McLeish is said to be fuming.

Where is "theboyharley" when you need him to confirm an Eck rumour ? :D

the player holds the club record for consecutive matches played. lol chairman just didnt want to spend money. he couldnt even deliver chris burke from a club willing to take any offer.