Reconstruction talks

I see Longmuir has apparently said the powers are close to agreeing a deal which basically sounds like what the SPL wanted. :(

12-12-18. We stay in the bottom tier.

And likely they sell the tv rights, including ours and despite the fact that we are the ones bringing in the money the SPL "big" teams will carve up what we generate. :(

I see Longmuir has apparently said the powers are close to agreeing a deal which basically sounds like what the SPL wanted. :(

12-12-18. We stay in the bottom tier.

And likely they sell the tv rights, including ours and despite the fact that we are the ones bringing in the money the SPL "big" teams will carve up what we generate. :(

...and timmy gets more time to close the gap on our record titles haul

My worries summed up by someone else:

The whole idea is to get everyone under the 1 Sky television deal I guarantee it, we are the anchor in that deal.

They will then distribute the money per each level, so top 12 get 60% next 12 get 25% and bottom 18 get 15% and within each level your placing giving you an amount at end of season. That way it sticks to what Longmuir has stated, finishing bottom of top Lge will still get you more than the top of the 2nd Lge.

So the SPL gets us in the TV deal but has to pay us feck all for a few years.

It'll be scandalous if we're still in the bottom tier of Scottish football next season playing against the same 9 teams we're playing against this season.

I predicted this was the game plan a couple of months ago and wrote an article about it.

The SPL plan on strengthening their position while weakening the SFL. There won't be a merger into a single body, it'll just be 12 more clubs joining the SPL for the two tier SPL and the SFL will basically be left with 18 clubs and a minority vote in Scottish football.

Shocking state of affairs for the SFL as a whole as a governing body, but the individual SFL clubs won't refuse the chance to improve each of their own individual positions.

My guess is that what will happen is the merger of the SPL & SFL bodies will simply be dangled as a carrot for something that can be done in 2014 after the actual league reconstruction has taken place, but that the SPL will then be in the position of strength with 24 clubs and will conveniently decide not to merge with the SFL.

Cannot see why on earth SFL would accept this sort of deal for...it basically kills them off.

Same reason they put us in the 3rd division - Greed. They're no different from the SPL clubs in that respect.

No interest in the good of the game. It's all about the money.