Reconstruction talks

Does anyone know exactly what the details of this proposal is regarding the split , there is plenty talk on twitter about all clubs points being scrapped and starting again m seems very strange , you would have a 14 game league then

am I the only one thinking Longmuir is playing devils advocate in all this ? he must know this SPL-Proposed 12-12-18 has no chance without a SKY deal & new sponsors to replace CB & Barrs Irn-bru. Once it fails he can say it's wasn't my idea & something else gets put forward which he's the head of and the SPL & Doncaster get consigned to history.

Don't forget CG has told SFA/SFL he won't be signing any new SKY deal (current one expires at end of season I believe) so where's the money coming from for this new 12-12-18 set up?

Can't see it myself.

I cannot work out what is going on. First he proposes 3 leagues of 16-10-16 and now abandons that idea.

One thing I do know, he has lost credibility in my eyes, although I thought he was given too much credibility in the first place. After all he was involved in the drawing up of Rangers going into SFL3 along with the other 2 unmentionables, which seemed to be then forgotten as he assumed hero status.

All 3 ignore the fans at their peril.

Can't see it myself.

I cannot work out what is going on. First he proposes 3 leagues of 16-10-16 and now abandons that idea.

One thing I do know, he has lost credibility in my eyes, although I thought he was given too much credibility in the first place. After all he was involved in the drawing up of Rangers going into SFL3 along with the other 2 unmentionables, which seemed to be then forgotten as he assumed hero status.

All 3 ignore the fans at their peril.

unless they get a new SKY deal & new sponsors this whole reconstruction is dead in the water IMO. Perhaps Longmuir knows this & dumb and dumber don't

If you read my post on the previous page, you'll see that it does make a difference to us and it also makes a difference to most of the current 2nd division clubs.

One issue is that by the end of this season, our current league opponents in the 3rd will have made enough money from Rangers being in their league to significantly strengthen their squads ahead of next season. If there was no reconstruction, then we'd be leaving most of them behind in the 3rd and moving up to the 2nd where we'd be giving the 2nd division clubs the same financial boost we've given to the 3rd, but that won't happen if they reconstruct ahead of next season based on their current proposals.

Instead, the current 2nd division clubs will get less games against us as well as being up against 9 clubs from the current 3rd who've all been able to strengthen their squads. That's bad news for most of the current 2nd division clubs and it's not exactly good for us either depending on how you look it at. In one sense we'll have more fixture variety playing in a bigger league and that's a good thing as it's why a lot of fans wanted restructuring to take the form of larger leagues, but in another sense the proposals would mean that next season will be more difficult for us than it would be if there is no reconstruction.

I posted my suggestion on restructure a few weeks back and it was to have 1 season of 16-10-16 then going to a 12-12-18 and it eliminated this very problem of some clubs missing out on playing us. Not that we should be looking to fund others but Im sure the Div 2 clubs will be looking at it.

Queens Park could be made for the forseeable future....4 fixtures v Rangers in 2 seasons at Hampden with 30000 crowds! And if they gain promotion with us they could get 6 in total.

The spilt thing is a joke. 2 leagues merging into 3.....Doncaster should report to the SFA medical room for a random drugs test straight away.

How does the splits work? Do the points get wiped and go back to 0? I dont understand how it will work especially in group 2 if points are not set to 0. The top 4 from 2nd tier are likely to have accumulated much more points than the bottom 4 from the SPL so straight away those 4 will be potentially miles ahead of the SPL1 4 teams in the split.

But if points are set to 0 then imagine Celtic are way clear at the top but all of a sudden they dont go on to win the league....

Or maybe those genuises at the SPL say only the top groups points remain but the rest are set to 0.

PS - At the moment 1 team gets relegated from the SPL. Under the new proposal potentially 4 teams get relegated.

Will they even get the votes for this? For the new rules to come in you need a minimum 11-1 yes vote from the SPL. If you were Ross County, St Mirren, Dundee, St Johnstone...would you vote for it knowing it increased your chance of relgation is fourfold?

PS - At the moment 1 team gets relegated from the SPL. Under the new proposal potentially 4 teams get relegated.

Will they even get the votes for this? For the new rules to come in you need a minimum 11-1 yes vote from the SPL. If you were Ross County, St Mirren, Dundee, St Johnstone...would you vote for it knowing it increased your chance of relgation is fourfold?

I believe their plan to counter this is to have more even money distribution between the top 2 divisions.

But anyway i could be wrong but this plan has already received the full backing of the current SPL clubs.

One big question I think should be answered.....

The Swiss FA have come out over the past couple of days stating categorically that the 12-12 into 8-8-8 setup didn't work, and they have reverted back to a simple, straight forward league structure which has seen crowd numbers increase significantly.

This being the case, what do the SPL/SFL/SFA plan on doing differently to the Swiss setup to ensure that the plans are a success???

The only part of the proposed setup which might add any excitement is in the middle division when it kicks in - teams will truly have something to play for....but what about the teams at the bottom of the top section, or the teams at the top of the 3rd section (if that makes sense...). If you finish bottom of the top section, there is no relegation, likewise if you finish top of the 3rd section, there is no promotion, so what are these teams playing for???

What is wrong with a simple, straight forward league structure with an automatic x up/down with another playoff spot??? That way we can then focus on what is happening on the pitch & make sure that the best product possible is on display. Couple that with a total review of ticket pricing....possibly introducing a price cap on ALL domestic tickets.

One big question I think should be answered.....

The Swiss FA have come out over the past couple of days stating categorically that the 12-12 into 8-8-8 setup didn't work, and they have reverted back to a simple, straight forward league structure which has seen crowd numbers increase significantly.

This being the case, what do the SPL/SFL/SFA plan on doing differently to the Swiss setup to ensure that the plans are a success???

The only part of the proposed setup which might add any excitement is in the middle division when it kicks in - teams will truly have something to play for....but what about the teams at the bottom of the top section, or the teams at the top of the 3rd section (if that makes sense...). If you finish bottom of the top section, there is no relegation, likewise if you finish top of the 3rd section, there is no promotion, so what are these teams playing for???

What is wrong with a simple, straight forward league structure with an automatic x up/down with another playoff spot??? That way we can then focus on what is happening on the pitch & make sure that the best product possible is on display. Couple that with a total review of ticket pricing....possibly introducing a price cap on ALL domestic tickets.

Just shows the SFA and SPL are 10 years behind Switzerland and Austria....