James Traynor-remember sporting intergrity

Frankie. The original post I made was supposed to be ironic about mr traynor, and his opinions about our support. I thought it was relevant to the topic, seeing as most have us have forgotton his old attitude towards our support. It wasn't just a random "ftp" that I wrote. A few posters turned it into that, but it wasn't my doing.

I couldn't really care less about the catholic church, or the pope. My issue was with traynor, and that still remains the case. If people actually took the time to read the posts, maybe stupidness like this wouldn't occur.

Frankie. The original post I made was supposed to be ironic about mr traynor, and his opinions about our support. I thought it was relevant to the topic, seeing as most have us have forgotton his old attitude towards our support. It wasn't just a random "ftp" that I wrote. A few posters turned it into that, but it wasn't my doing.

I couldn't really care less about the catholic church, or the pope. My issue was with traynor, and that still remains the case. If people actually took the time to read the posts, maybe stupidness like this wouldn't occur.

Mistakes can happen and posts can be misinterpreted so lets move on without the sideshow please.

If anyone has any issues with moderation, please get in touch privately. You'll find we are more than fair on here and are certainly not hand-wringers.

Now back on topic please. :)

I never left the topic tbf. Just for the record, my handwringer slur wasn't directed at any mods.

I'm happy to let this pish about traynor slide. I seem to be burrowing a lone furrow on this one. If people are happy with him representing our club, after the way he spoke about our away support in Osasuna, then I can't be bothered fightng a lost cause. The man is a disgrace, no matter what you're opinion on so called naughty songs are.

ComeOffit, glad to see you back.

As it happens, personally I am in full agreement with you about freedom of speech. Unfortunately, as an admin of the site, I have to protect the site, members and fellow admin & moderators. I am not sure that a defence of "it was an ironic post" would hold sway with out detractors.

Anyway, more importantly, thanks for showing respect to the decision, even if you dont agree.

On topic, Traynor seems to be our most recent "Kris Boyd" - has people completely divided. I know what he has historically said against our fans and some will never want him to be a part of us due to that, which is fair enough. Personally I will be giving him the benefit of the doubt, now that he is employed by us, to prove his mettle and justify his salary. Given his previous statements about us (negatively) he wont get as much flexibility from the fans as others would but it is also worth mentioning that during the torrid post-admin situation there have been plenty of times that he has seemed to be the only journalistic defender of the club (whether that was because he knew he was coming to us or not who knows.... but again, I will give the benefit of the doubt).