James Traynor-remember sporting intergrity

There's still a post with FTP in it up there. Not about freedom of speech, it's about possible criminal charges being brought to the door of the good people that run this site. I have my own opinions on various religions and don't need muppets like comeoffit telling me what to think. Hammer oot please the guy is not worthy of our site and indeed puts its very existence in danger with his "FTP is freedom of speech" shite. Away into the street and shout it and see how free you end up. If you want to change the system use your brain, write to mps, stage an FTP rally with your neighbors - that would be a right jolly eh? For now, don't put the people that run this site in danger of a knock at their door.

How do they do that? Advertising revenue through number of hits? Tends to be peanuts, does it not?

The average revenue on a 'pay-per-click' web ad is approximately 25p. The average click through on a web banner is approximately 6%. I'm not sure what impressions the Rangers website gets but I'd be surprised if its not measured in the millions over the course of a year.

Other forms of web advertising will have different revenue potential, particularly Rangers TV.

ComeOffit has been given a 24 hour ban.

Cotter, you are indeed quite correct, in that not only does he put himself in harms way in terms of criminal charges (that is his prerogative) but he also puts us admin in harms way too as we also run the risk of criminal charges as the admin/owners of this site. And that simply wont be tolerated, regardless of my/our feelings on freedom of speech.

This is a warning to EVERYONE. You can have your own viewpoint on freedom of speech and put yourself in danger of criminal charges but I and the other administrators and moderators will simply not allow ourselves OR Gersnet to be put in danger in the same manner simply because you want to exercise your freedom of speech.

The Offensive Behavior and Threatening Communications Act simply doesnt give us the simple freedom to say as we please. And we ALL must remember that. Every single one of us.

As someone has said previously, we like to consider ourselves as a Gers website that has a certain level of class and, at the very least, decorum. There have been many a heated debate on here and there will no doubt be more in the future but one thing we DEMAND of our members is that it is done with respect to others. This, in my opinion, can also be extended into not using derogatory language which puts us at risk from criminal charges.

Thanks for your attention.

PS : Cotter, which post is the reference still there so I can go and edit please ?

How do they do that? Advertising revenue through number of hits? Tends to be peanuts, does it not?

im not sure but i do know thats why we hired mr traynor. perhaps the content will become so good we will go subscription. that will take money out of yahoo pockets at least.

always best to click a link if its a friendly site imho.

Guest Bazaar

For click through advert the real money is made via commission on the product that your clicking through to. Example is say Rangers advertise car insurance, you click through (say 25p to rangers) and end up buying 300 quid worth of insurance, as the source of the referral Rangers might perhaps get a 5% commission so 15 quid.

You get the drift!

ComeOffit has been given a 24 hour ban.

Cotter, you are indeed quite correct, in that not only does he put himself in harms way in terms of criminal charges (that is his prerogative) but he also puts us admin in harms way too as we also run the risk of criminal charges as the admin/owners of this site. And that simply wont be tolerated, regardless of my/our feelings on freedom of speech.

This is a warning to EVERYONE. You can have your own viewpoint on freedom of speech and put yourself in danger of criminal charges but I and the other administrators and moderators will simply not allow ourselves OR Gersnet to be put in danger in the same manner simply because you want to exercise your freedom of speech.

The Offensive Behavior and Threatening Communications Act simply doesnt give us the simple freedom to say as we please. And we ALL must remember that. Every single one of us.

As someone has said previously, we like to consider ourselves as a Gers website that has a certain level of class and, at the very least, decorum. There have been many a heated debate on here and there will no doubt be more in the future but one thing we DEMAND of our members is that it is done with respect to others. This, in my opinion, can also be extended into not using derogatory language which puts us at risk from criminal charges.

Thanks for your attention.

PS : Cotter, which post is the reference still there so I can go and edit please ?

Think you got the post in question mate.