Aberdeen, Alloa and Livingston chiefs blast Charles Green's league reconstruction

Aberdeen, Alloa and Livingston chiefs blast Charles Green's league reconstruction proposals

15 Jan 2013 07:43

BOSSES at the three teams reckon the Ibrox chief executive should stop attempting to disrupt the proposal under discussion.

CHARLES GREENâ??S vision of a new 14-14-14 league set-up was yesterday given the boot by three Scottish clubs.

Outspoken Rangers chief executive Green has railed against the 12-12-18 set-up which the SFA, SPL and SFL agreed to push forward with at a meeting last week.

But Greenâ??s proposal for league reconstruction is not the way forward as far as First Division side Livingston, SPL outfit Aberdeen and Second Division Alloa are concerned.

Livi chief executive Ged Nixon insisted the time for new suggestions was past and took a swipe at Green for his recent comment Rangers should quit Scottish football.

Nixon said: â??At this stage it is extremely unhelpful of Green to try to muddy the reconstruction waters further.

â??We have to go with the proposal that is on the table for the time being before anything is decided.

â??If the 12-12-18 structure is deemed unacceptable we go back to the drawing board.

St Mirren and Ross County bosses back Rangers' Charles Green in league reconstruction

â??For Charles Green to throw other ideas on to the table at this late stage is not helping anyone and I do not see the point in discussing his 14-14-14 proposal.

â??I would also ask Green if this 14-14-14 structure is for the English leagues or the Scottish leagues that he is supposed to be leaving?â?

Aberdeen chief executive Duncan Fraser also has no intention of abandoning the proposal to support Greenâ??s plan.

Fraser is on the SPL steering group that came up with the 12-12-18 structure and is determined to forge ahead to put the plan in place for next season.

Dons chairman Stewart Milne has been a long-term advocate of a 10-team SPL but has given his backing to the 12-team top flight.

Peterhead chairman Rodger Morrison says Old Firm need to leave Scottish football before national game can thrive

Speaking at last monthâ??s agm he said: â??The proposals on the table will deliver a new league structure that has real strength at the top of Scottish football instead of having to rely on the SPL.â?

Alloa chief Mike Mulraney also backed the 12-12-18 set-up even though his side may be denied automatic entry to the second tier under new plans â?? even if they win their league this term.

He said: â??I welcome Greenâ??s input but, subject to the detail, weâ??ll be voting on the package which is on the table.

â??I might even agree with Green that 14-14-14 is better but itâ??s like weâ??re discussing what colour weâ??ll paint the inside of the house â?? thatâ??s not as important as building the foundations.

â??It might not even suit Alloa but long-term league stability is whatâ??s important. I canâ??t vote for my narrow self interests.â?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-alloa-and-livingston-chiefs-blast-1534765

So the reporters rang as many clubs as they could to find someone willing to bitch about us. No 3rd division dissenters I see. Sheep to be expected.

And one wee line about County & St Mirren backing them.

Just love our unbiased media, they are truly a joy.

Muddy waters further? You're neck deep in the SPL-swamp already. Heck, the SPL and Co. whip up their construction plans as they go along and people have hardly time to digest what is on offer ere being essentially forced to decide upon it. Even by human nature itself you get some sort of resentment if somesuch is done, not to speak of the 12-12-18 plan itself. There are 39 members to decide upon this and you are bound to meet opposition to either plan. Obviously, it would help if those criticising coming up with ideas of their own, better ideas preferrably.

Geez, you can't win can you?

Criticise 12-12-18 and you're resistant to change; Offer an alternative and you're muddying the waters.

IMHO, 14-14-14 isn't much better - but is the number of teams in each division really the big issue? I'd say the main thing needing tackled is the re-merging of the SPL back into the SFL so that TV / sponsorship money reaches all 42 teams. Tinkering with the divisions is a secondary problem that can be tackled any time.

When you think about it, the only possible reason for pushing through league reorganization this season is the current position of Rangers. The authorities either want to bump us up the divisions to appease TV, or (spitefully) make sure it's us that misses out on a promotion rather than any other club. I think we all suspect the latter, but I've heard non-Rangers say they're convinced the head honchos want us in Div2 next season. Time will tell.

â??We have to go with the proposal that is on the table for the time being before anything is decided"

Eh? So you are considering one proposal before deciding on eh.....one proposal? Jeso, this is comedy gold. Rangers were criticised for voicing their concern without offering an alternative... They offer an alternative and now they're muddying the waters... What's it to be FFS?

Muddying the waters? The waters are black as far as I can see....

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

Clearly they dont have the intelligence to consider ALL possibilities.

Just because the offer on the table is 12-12-18 doesnt make it the BEST alternative. Talk about a pile of shite. How about they look at ALL alternatives, consider which makes most sense for the GOOD OF THE GAME and then implement it at the end of THIS season to start at the end of NEXT season ? Nah, just wouldnt catch on making decisions without haste, just to push through something which is a load of tosh.

When did we get such retards to run our clubs and game in Scotland ? Seems to be somewhat of a recent phenomenon to me.

Why not give a few plausible options, include the status quo and let the fans decide?

The wouldn't listen!!!

There was a poll on the SFA website a few months back.....I believe the option put forward by the SFL was miles ahead in the poll - results ignored

Henry McLeish recommended a top tier of 10 - recommendation ignored.