Fran Stella for the offski....

Oh I don't doubt you are being honest, that doesn't make you right though. Your one eyed hatred is blinding you to reality. Let's got through the list, I thought we were doing 10 years but if it's just Ally's signings then that's cool too.

Lee Wallace - success

Bocanegra â?? success

Goian - success

Bedoya â?? didn't play enough matches to judge

Ortiz - failure

M McKay - failure

Aluko - success

Celik - didn't play enough matches to judge

Black - success

Sheils - success

Sandaza â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Cribari â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Kyle â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Faure â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Argyriou â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Templeton â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Stella - failure

B McKay - success

I'm not sure what issue you have with that list. Only 2 on it can be described as failures, Matt McKay and Stella, because they were released and barely played. I'll give you Ortiz who looked very out of place but again he didn't play many games.

You can't judge any player signed this season really, we're barely half way through. But let's say playing 20 matches is a guide, only Black, Sheils and Barry McKay have managed that so far. I'd say each has been a success. I'm no fan of Black but he's got a job to do and seems to do it, Sheils frustrates but he creates things and score goals and young McKay has looked fantastic. But even for those three it's too early to judge them.

As for the others, I'm fairly confident if they can steer clear of injuries Kyle, Sandaza and Templeton will prove astute signings, they've a pedigree in Scotland. At times Cribari looks good, sometimes not so good, the language barrier must be an issue, he could come good or he could become a bombscare, I can't say and neither can you. I really liked Argyriou when I first saw him but he fell away, but again he could easily come good too, likewise Faure.

If you compare our signing's since Ally took over compared to that club on the other side of the city you admire so much they actually stand up very well. Celtic have signed guys you have literally never heard of again and plenty of them.

When you consider what our club went through last season it's a miracle any of our players last season can be deemed a success. This season only one signing involved a transfer fee, all the rest were frees.

Ally McCoist's a fuckin miracle worker when you get down to it.

pfft agree with most. but sorry no way is or has black been a success. fucking liability

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i will deal with that piece of deluded nonsense when i get home from work. it rarely gets more ridiculous.

You take all the time you need Kuz, although I'm surprised it'll take you so long to figure out how to type 'yeah fair enough, perhaps I've been over the top and a little hasty in most of my criticism'.

Oh I don't doubt you are being honest, that doesn't make you right though. Your one eyed hatred is blinding you to reality. Let's got through the list, I thought we were doing 10 years but if it's just Ally's signings then that's cool too.

Lee Wallace - success

Bocanegra â?? success

Goian - success

Bedoya â?? didn't play enough matches to judge

Ortiz - failure

M McKay - failure

Aluko - success

Celik - didn't play enough matches to judge

Black - success

Sheils - success

Sandaza â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Cribari â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Kyle â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Faure â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Argyriou â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Templeton â?? hasn't play enough matches to judge

Stella - failure

B McKay - success

I'm not sure what issue you have with that list. Only 2 on it can be described as failures, Matt McKay and Stella, because they were released and barely played. I'll give you Ortiz who looked very out of place but again he didn't play many games.

You can't judge any player signed this season really, we're barely half way through. But let's say playing 20 matches is a guide, only Black, Sheils and Barry McKay have managed that so far. I'd say each has been a success. I'm no fan of Black but he's got a job to do and seems to do it, Sheils frustrates but he creates things and score goals and young McKay has looked fantastic. But even for those three it's too early to judge them.

As for the others, I'm fairly confident if they can steer clear of injuries Kyle, Sandaza and Templeton will prove astute signings, they've a pedigree in Scotland. At times Cribari looks good, sometimes not so good, the language barrier must be an issue, he could come good or he could become a bombscare, I can't say and neither can you. I really liked Argyriou when I first saw him but he fell away, but again he could easily come good too, likewise Faure.

If you compare our signing's since Ally took over compared to that club on the other side of the city you admire so much they actually stand up very well. Celtic have signed guys you have literally never heard of again and plenty of them.

When you consider what our club went through last season it's a miracle any of our players last season can be deemed a success. This season only one signing involved a transfer fee, all the rest were frees.

Ally McCoist's a fuckin miracle worker when you get down to it.

it does on this occassion. hatred? lol

we were doing 10 years but, yeah, lets just look at allys.

wallace - success, cracking player and a profit will be made on him should he move on.

bocanegra - success, played well, settled well, no resale value but a good short term fix.

goian - failure. started decent, fell away and ended up a liability only to be loaned out due to his ridiculous salary. no resale value.

bedoya - out and out failure. waste of time signing and a complete waste of money. made a huge loss on him.

ortiz - never settled and was mediocre in his play. was then made a scapegoat by fans. shipped back out in record time. no resale value and no profit made.

m mckay - out and out failure. yet another complete waste of time and money. australias player of the year treated like a fool by our manager.

aluko - storming success. i loved him watching him. possibly the most skillful player to player for rangers since ronald de boer? a joy to watch. a sore one to lose. should have made millions on him but due to our financial state we are still fighting for compensation.

celik - another failure. waste of time, waste of money and all in all, a pointless signing. ended up parting ways. no profit for a supposed hot prospect.

black - failure. 7 grand a week for 3rd tier football, offers the team nothing, has become a liability and is struggling big time. possible resale value.

shiels - on the fence here. i like him, i do but i think he has struggled somewhat. not a success and not a failure but another on huge money. possible resale value.

sandaza - failure. 1 goal all season. looks lost, off the pace, disinterested and all round mediocre. so far, a complete waste of 5 grand a week. possible resale value.

cribari - success. i like the big man, i think he has settled well and will only get better. no resale value but a decent short term fix.

k kyle - failure. waste of time and a waste of money. if he cant stay fit he is no use to us, if he cant contribute he is no use. no resale value.

faure - failure. has looked dreadful so far. lacks the basics and for a lad coming with such reputation. may turn it around but i doubt it. cant see us making a profit on him.

argyriou - failure. shocking player. there are better full backs in division 2 and 3, scottish lads who would run through brick walls to play for us and command a fraction of argyrious salary. doubt we will make a profit on him.

templeton - success. the boy is a class act. oozes class and skill but has almost got complacent recently. needs a wee word in the ear to keep his feet on the ground. huge resale value.

stella - failure. another waste of time and money whatever little amount it was. given away for free.

b mckay was signed by the youth academy for our youth team.

that bold bit after your list is funny.

so all in all, 17 signings for our first team squad, only 5 a success, 1 not sure and 11 duds. an horrendous record. we cannot afford it. the money we are shelling out on wages for this level as well makes it even worse.

i will ignore the bottom stuff about miracles and the like, that is just claptrap rubbish.

kuznetzov

its not about opinion, its about facts in black and white. good signings and bad signings, of course they have had a few howlers, every club does, we just have more than most. our two critical levels of debt in the last 10 years is no coincidence. had we been able to work the transfer market, things may never have got so bad.

Comparing apples with oranges, don't we? What debt? Check the facts and figures again and tell me what sort of unmanagable debt the club did incur? When Whyte took over we were some 18m in the red, and working on it. By then, every manager who "overspent" also brought success. Fact! ManU had and has a debt of some 700m ... and apparently managable. They sign and sell to their hearts content and win trophies as well. So debt and success can and will go hand in hand.

But obviously people will now throw in failure of success in Europe as another benchmark, no doubt. And still the fact remains that you can buy success in Europe only with quality ... and the quality required for that usually comes with the problem that you have to convince this quality to come to the mighty SPL and Scotland. We had a short spell with (overspending) Advocaat, we had a European cup final (just 5 years ago, mind you) with more luck than quality in our side. And luck or football fortune - so readily discarded - always throws something into your way. Just ask the ManC folk about their grand CL campaign this season.

But tell me, where would "have things gone not-so-bad"? Are "bad" signings the reason Murray had to let Lloyds do all the naughty things and Whyte in? Only if one's world only revolves around Rangers and you forget that there's a real - business - world beyond Ibrox.

right now we are signing 1 good player for every 2 bad ones, can we afford to keep doing that? of course we cant. we will end up exactly where we have been in the past.

Your opinion, much like the list above. It is essentially like an argument about taste and your bashing essentially goes out of the window if compared to the facts that matter - success of the team as such. And you do wonder how the support of relegation-hopefuls such as St. Mirren or Hibernian speak about their teams' signings on the basis of their teams winning next to nothing over decades.

kuznetzov

Comparing apples with oranges, don't we? What debt? Check the facts and figures again and tell me what sort of unmanagable debt the club did incur? When Whyte took over we were some 18m in the red, and working on it. By then, every manager who "overspent" also brought success. Fact! ManU had and has a debt of some 700m ... and apparently managable. They sign and sell to their hearts content and win trophies as well. So debt and success can and will go hand in hand.

But obviously people will now throw in failure of success in Europe as another benchmark, no doubt. And still the fact remains that you can buy success in Europe only with quality ... and the quality required for that usually comes with the problem that you have to convince this quality to come to the mighty SPL and Scotland. We had a short spell with (overspending) Advocaat, we had a European cup final (just 5 years ago, mind you) with more luck than quality in our side. And luck or football fortune - so readily discarded - always throws something into your way. Just ask the ManC folk about their grand CL campaign this season.

But tell me, where would "have things gone not-so-bad"? Are "bad" signings the reason Murray had to let Lloyds do all the naughty things and Whyte in? Only if one's world only revolves around Rangers and you forget that there's a real - business - world beyond Ibrox.

Your opinion, much like the list above. It is essentially like an argument about taste and your bashing essentially goes out of the window if compared to the facts that matter - success of the team as such. And you do wonder how the support of relegation-hopefuls such as St. Mirren or Hibernian speak about their teams' signings on the basis of their teams winning next to nothing over decades.

haha playing comical ali are we? we were around £80m in debt under dick advocaat which led to years of constant downsizing, mediocre signings and the selling our our clubs shops then we were around £33m in debt under walter, which actually led to an outside party taking over our club for crying out loud, but yeah, what debt? haha :facepalm: as i said, i wasnt even talking about the recent debt under whyte. do not compare us with the worlds richest and biggest club for god sake. it weakens your argument no end. it is a ridiculous comparison.

it wasnt a european cup final, it was a uefa cup final, the trophy we called the thursday cup when celtic were in seville. and it was done with a squad our club simply could not afford. good transfer policy? no. good balancing of the books? no. our debt rose in that year where we posted our highest ever turnover!

i have no idea what that even means. "But tell me, where would "have things gone not-so-bad"?

to seperate the transfer activity of a football club from the business side of a football club is utter stupidity given that money is what makes the transfer world go round and money is what business is all about!

our opinions differ, i trust and believe in my honesty, you trust whatever it is that you do. so ist das leben! you also finish with one more ridiculous comparison comparing the expectations and standards of a st mirren and hibs fans to that of a rangers fan! :facepalm:

unglaublich

Haha, Goian’s a failure and Cribari is a success! Seriously, you do realise you are saying this stuff publically right, this isn’t just the voices in your head anymore, we can all read it?

You know Kuz if we’d done this, at this point of the season in say 1990, you’d be saying Mark Hateley was a failure, in 1991 you’d have said Andy Goram was a failure, in 1983 or even 84 that Ally McCoist was a dud too. In 97 you’d have written off Amaruso as “failure. waste of time and a waste of money. if he cant stay fit he is no use to us, if he cant contribute he is no use.”

You’ve no interest in facts or objectivity, I’m surprised you don’t have mobility problems the way that knee of yours jerks so easily. No player signed in the summer can be properly judged yet, playing for Rangers is hard, made harder when the stability and professionalism synonymous with us for decades was so glaringly missing this the summer. Give the players a chance, try supporting them if you can, some of them just might surprise you.

In the meantime accept that Ally is our manager and the players he’s signed are unlikely to go anywhere in the next 6 months and it’s even less likely we’ll have any new ones in for you to slag. We’ve got the other thread to read your views on McCoist and the failings of Rangers ad nauseam. Stella has gone, he didn't cut it. He had a chance and he didn't take it so he's off to play in Melbourne, no harm done and good luck to him.

• 3 weeks later...