Fran Stella for the offski....

From the Official site

FRANCESCO STELLA is being allowed to leave Rangers after failing to force his way into Ally McCoist’s top team plans.

The 21-year-old Australian signed at the end of last summer’s transfer window having impressed the coaching staff during a two-week trial.

Stella, who is from Melbourne but has Italian parents, came to Scotland via Italy having started in the youth system in Chievo and then moved to Siena.

The Aussie played regularly for Tommy Wilson’s reserve side last year, playing nine games, and scored two goals but he did not manage to make it into a first team squad.

Now McCoist is letting him go to pursue his career elsewhere.

He said: “Francesco has made it clear to us that he is disappointed at the lack of first team matches which I totally understand.

“We will not stand in his way because we feel at this stage he wouldn’t benefit the first team.

“He is in the process of leaving the club now and he goes with our best wishes.”

Another player brought in, who seemingly does well in the reserves but doesn't get a sniff @ the 1st team.

Is he any better/worse than those that have been playing??? We'll never know....

another black dot against the management and scouting team. what a waste. what a joke.

Agreed....a panic buy if ever there was one.

As someone pointed out on another site.....we're sitting comfortable at the top of the league with a 19 point cushion - why not give him a wee run out, and see how he performs with the "big boys". He was apparently doing pretty well in the reserves.

Is he not a striker ? 2 goals in 9 games in reserve matches is hardly encouraging. Though admittedly no worse than Sandaza.

I agree, he should have been given a run out, especially at Ibrox, to see if he had what it takes. With this size of a lead it is the right time to be giving the fringe players opportunities..... sadly McCoist knows as well as we do that our fans still wouldnt accept adverse performances and/or results, even if it was for the longer-term good.

From the Official site

Another player brought in, who seemingly does well in the reserves but doesn't get a sniff @ the 1st team.

Is he any better/worse than those that have been playing??? We'll never know....

I think we do know and the answer appears to be, "worse". The management make their decisions and for me it's best they do some of them on the training pitch than putting a player on that they think isn't good enough and being found out there.

If you want to know what the squad players are like, maybe there are training sessions and bounce games you can attend.

There's plenty of young players I thought look great on Rangers TV and who were let go. They didn't do much elsewhere. Ashikodi is one I remember.

You have to give the management team a bit of trust...

I think we do know and the answer appears to be, "worse". The management make their decisions and for me it's best they do some of them on the training pitch than putting a player on that they think isn't good enough and being found out there.

If you want to know what the squad players are like, maybe there are training sessions and bounce games you can attend.

There's plenty of young players I thought look great on Rangers TV and who were let go. They didn't do much elsewhere. Ashikodi is one I remember.

You have to give the management team a bit of trust...

You have to question the management team signing him in the first place although, unless he was a master con artist in his trial.