Fran Stella for the offski....

I doubt it, Stella had never been in the UK before.

Agents dont need to be in or from the same country as the players they represent though. Some players also have agents in different countries should a proposed move to that country be on the cards.

Agents dont need to be in or from the same country as the players they represent though. Some players also have agents in different countries should a proposed move to that country be on the cards.

True but I thought Craig Mather's company was pretty domestic based.

Alan Gow the 2nd...

Gow had, much like Stella, quite few players ahead of him in the squad. The player wants to play, the chairman wants no wages spend on players not playing (and not playing for the forseeable future) ... so why the uproar or need to blaim someone? Best solution for all parties involved.*

*Interestingly enough, that was the first and only comment on him departing over on the German boards.

Gow had, much like Stella, quite few players ahead of him in the squad. The player wants to play, the chairman wants no wages spend on players not playing (and not playing for the forseeable future) ... so why the uproar or need to blaim someone? Best solution for all parties involved.*

*Interestingly enough, that was the first and only comment on him departing over on the German boards.

I'm not so bothered that he's away BD more that I have less and less confidence in Ally's ability to spot a talent hope he proves me wrong.

Slightly worrying that the coaching staff have now come to this conclusion on Stella. They had plenty of time to decide on him during his trial.3 weeks is a generous trial time for any professional and he was also involved in bounce games that will have been set up specifically to see if he was good enough.

There fore the management were responsible for choosing the team they put Stella in against. They still were obviously impressed enough to give him a deal.

Tommy Wilson also was quoted on the website that he was impressed by Stella and thought he could do well. So now we have the manager that has been 'conned' by a player and a reserve coach that has either also been fooled or doesn't agree with the senior manager.

Thank god it wasn't a player we paid a fee for.

We must learn from these mistakes. Can it really be that hard? As I said,3 weeks is a long trial. That's what?30 training sessions (1 morning and afternoon) plus reserve games.

Perhaps it was in the end down to Stellas attitude at not getting in.

Guess we'll never know...