Fran Stella for the offski....

This was the lad that Ally said had something a wee bit special about him and would get you off your seat, not much chance Ally if you don't give the guy a chance. Another Ally signing that hasnt came to anything and Green wants to give him 10 million in a years time god help us.

You have to question the management team signing him in the first place although, unless he was a master con artist in his trial.

He wouldnt be the first... and McCoist wouldnt be the first manager to be conned. Souness was conned at Southampton was he not into thinking he had George Weah's brother/cousin ?? Put him on as a sub and realised he had been sold a dummy...

He wouldnt be the first... and McCoist wouldnt be the first manager to be conned. Souness was conned at Southampton was he not into thinking he had George Weah's brother/cousin ?? Put him on as a sub and realised he had been sold a dummy...

The guy was on trial at Auchenhowie for 3 weeks must have been some con job.

Souness was conned by a prank phone call, bit different to be conned in a trial actually watching the player for about three weeks.

It's not that I believe managers aren't allowed to make the odd mistake with signings but we've had so many wastes of time on our wagebill in the last couple of decades or so, under different managers it never seems to fail. I'm so hoping under this new regime it can be different.

Edited by simplythebest

Souness was conned by a prank phone call, bit different to be conned in a trial actually watching the player for about three weeks.

It's not that I believe managers aren't allowed to make the odd mistake with signings but we've had so many wastes of time on our wagebill in the last couple of decades or so, under different managers it never seems to fail. I'm so hoping under this new regime it can be different.

souness gave the guy a game I think.

Stella probably has something. on of the coaches said he was always trying to score wonder goals not keep it simple.

allys mistake may have been in a lack of awareness of the quality of our youths.

souness gave the guy a game I think.

Stella probably has something. on of the coaches said he was always trying to score wonder goals not keep it simple.

allys mistake may have been in a lack of awareness of the quality of our youths.

Tom Walsh, 16 years old, got a cameo ahead of him. I like the look of our youths a lot but it was still an odd situation.

The guy was on trial at Auchenhowie for 3 weeks must have been some con job.

Allan... if you had watched me on Saturday you would have said I was a bit of a player (no, seriously, you would - LOL - set one goal up, creatied several chances, broke through 1-on-1 with keeper) and I probably would be able to do that over a few weeks too... but longer term, probably not.

Seriously though, 3 weeks isnt long and a player can definitely con their way in even in that timeframe. Knowledge of the game can have you conning your way. He came recommended did he not ? He also played in Italy did he not ? So did he con those teams too, or is it that he is a decent enough player, but just not what McCoist thought he was getting ?

I dont know the answers, am just asking.

But we are far from the only club to have gone down this route. Even some GREAT players look like duds when they move clubs. I remember watching Juan Sebastian Veron playing for Parma and thought he was a fantastic player. Seems Sir Alex agreed and spunked up a whole load of money on him..... and he ended up being a flop - but anyone that watched him with Parma and Lazio would have thought anything but that, until he moved to Utd....

Celtic have their Scheidt's and Fortune's too.

We just seemed to have had more than any of them - part of that may be because we pay more attention to our own squad than theirs. And part is undoubtedly because our methods of off-loading these players meant pay-offs, ohhh and for the longest time our PR has been terrible, whilst Celtic seem to get exorbitant fees for mediocre players (I, for one, think that they get their fees in much the same manner as they get their attendance numbers).

Yep, we let a player go because he's not better than ... wait, Templeton and McKay? For AFAIK Stella's a left-sided attacker. And that's a reason to say the gaffer has no clue about players? Sometimes some people's opinions make you wonder ...

... wonder why there's need to look at it from the worst possible angle. (And that is not to say that Ally's the über-manager, btw.)