Questions HMRC must answer...........

Did someone (a Scottish Labour politician who is now in the house of lords) exert influence on HMRC to pursue a now failed tax case against Rangers Football Club/MIM for use of EBT's over a period of time since 2000 ? is this not an abuse of power(political power), in other words corruption in all but name?

If so, who at HMRC agreed to this & for what reasons other than the fact the said politician & certain colleagues had an agenda against Rangers Football Club who have been historically more successful than his favoured football club ?

We have all heard the John Reid rumour, but you can be certain there is nothing that will link him to it even if it was him that set this off. He is too good a political animal for that.

That said, we do need to have a thorough investigation into the goings on at HMRC for the constant leaking of info and the agressive attitude taken towards the club which didnt mirror the attitude given to other, larger businesses with the same problem.

That said, we do need to have a thorough investigation into the goings on at HMRC for the constant leaking of info and the agressive attitude taken towards the club which didnt mirror the attitude given to other, larger businesses with the same problem.

That, and why they allowed CW to run up such a humungous debt before making it public knowledge.

Personally, I think it's because they couldn't be certain they'd get voting rights (on the CVA) proportional to their trumped up tax case, and wanted to make sure they'd still have the casting vote.

That, and why they allowed CW to run up such a humungous debt before making it public knowledge.

Personally, I think it's because they couldn't be certain they'd get voting rights (on the CVA) proportional to their trumped up tax case, and wanted to make sure they'd still have the casting vote.

rumour was a certain Mr JT had knowledge of Whyte not paying PAYE & NI. Question is did Regan know and if he did why did he do nothing?

I would ask why no legal action was taken against the tax case blog by Rangers and HMRC (during the tax case). The blog played a big part in making the Rangers brand toxic. I can't understand why Rangers at the very least never served them with a cease and desist. Rangers not doing this made the blogger/s more and more arrogant.

I think, as a shareholder in the company who formerly ran Rangers, the decision by HMRC to use this company as their test case on EBT's, in conjunction with the fact that someone leaked documents HMRC had seized as evidence, to an unknown person (s) who then utilised that criminal act, to create an impression on their blog that Rangers were guilty of tax evasion, subsequently making the original company unsaleable - warrants a thorough and very public investigation into exactly what transpired, who made the critical decisions and why and whether all reasonable steps were taken to find and extinguish the source of the leaks.

In view of the fact that Sir David Murray instructed his lawyers to write to Crown Office asking for a criminal investigation into the aforesaid leaks, I would respectfully suggest to you all that HMRC have failed in their duty to prevent and detect the person responsible for those leaks.

people should be looking at brian quinns role in rangers troubles .

what was his role m8 ? not heard of his involvement before

Anyone heard how the police investigation is progressing (if at all) ? seems to be very quiet