Barry Ferguson to return?

In fairness to the guy, if he genuinely meant it then he was maybe looking at it from the point of view that winning the Carling Cup with Brum was a huge achievement for that club with him as captain and something that wasn't expected. It was more of a dream come true for Brum and their support than something they were expected or favorites to win, whereas at Rangers we expect and demand silverware from the team. Not only that, but the SPL title race was almost always a two horse race, so at the start of each season there was roughly a 50/50 chance of winning.

Right but when you actually play for Rangers being a fan, wouldn't winning any title with YOUR club definitely outweigh anything you win with another, nevermind how big the achievement?

Right but when you actually play for Rangers being a fan, wouldn't winning any title with YOUR club definitely outweigh anything you win with another, nevermind how big the achievement?

Are you implying that he does not love the club as much as he makes out? I would say wanting to be buried in a Rangers strip suggests not

Are you implying that he does not love the club as much as he makes out? I would say wanting to be buried in a Rangers strip suggests not

No, just wondering why he states this Carling Cup silverware is his biggest achievement, rather than any title with Rangers, no matter how granted it may have been.

I knew you'd have hairy kittens about this rumour pete! :D

Kittens! Kittens! It was bloom'n full grown tigers I had to squeeze out.:D

I wouldn't even give him a seat in the crowd let alone a job as player or coach.

No, just wondering why he states this Carling Cup silverware is his biggest achievement, rather than any title with Rangers, no matter how granted it may have been.

Because it was a far bigger achievement. Not necessarily more pleasurable nor more meaningful to himself, but far less likely, much more of a mountain to conquer. That's what "achievement" means. Birmingham hadn't won a major trophy in how long? Birmingham won't win another in how many more decades? It was highly unusual and a far more unexpected and unpredictable trophy winning achievement than anything that happened to him in a Rangers' shirt.

Our glorious club has won seven trebles (and it should have been more, goddammit!) for goodness sake. I doubt Birmingham have won (yes, I am too lazy to google it to check), or maybe even will ever win, that many league-cup-whatevertheycallitthinsyear league cups individually.

Sadly - for me, the rest of the world is probably happy about it ;) - I am the "wrong" side of 50, can't remember ever seeing Birmingham lift a trophy before, never expect to again.

Edited by SteveC
typo

Is that you Barry? :coolio:

ps - I didn't mean what I said about you being an ego maniac pal !! :D