how do we attract players and who?

thats not strictly true rab. scottish football has made many good careers for players, probably none more so than henrik larsson.

Possibly true but after yesterday's debacle we need CB's. I cannot see anyone in scotland who would improve us at CB presently

Possibly true but after yesterday's debacle we need CB's. I cannot see anyone in scotland who would improve us at CB presently

the lad mcgregor from st mirren is better than what we have. the lad boyd from ross county is better. even sicknote from hearts is better than what we have. we went outside scotland to get faure and argyriou and both of them are complete duds. we need players who want to play for rangers.

I think we are missing the point here. There are probably dozens of players that we think look good on a single game basis. The fact of the matter is that it is a completely different world playing for Rangers given the pressure to win every game and the overall expectation levels. We only need to look at Shiels, Black and Sandaza for evidence of this. Quite simply, I don't think they have the mental toughness to be Rangers players despite the fact that they undoubtedly have the talent to perform at a decent level in Scotland. It is a difficult one to identify players that can come in and who will hit the ground running. Do we genuinely feel that McGregor from St.Mirren or Boyd from Ross County offer any guarantees?

I think we are missing the point here. There are probably dozens of players that we think look good on a single game basis. The fact of the matter is that it is a completely different world playing for Rangers given the pressure to win every game and the overall expectation levels. We only need to look at Shiels, Black and Sandaza for evidence of this. Quite simply, I don't think they have the mental toughness to be Rangers players despite the fact that they undoubtedly have the talent to perform at a decent level in Scotland. It is a difficult one to identify players that can come in and who will hit the ground running. Do we genuinely feel that McGregor from St.Mirren or Boyd from Ross County offer any guarantees?

that pressure doesnt exist anymore and the overall expectations apparently according to some is to win promotion from a part time league, that is it. standards, ambition, expectations went out the window the day after our exit to malmo and the manager kept his job. that was when losing became acceptable at rangers and standards have declined again since then.

well both speak english and both can head a ball and have experience of playing first team football in scotland so right away they are more suitable than perry, faure, cribari and anyone else we have tried at centre half!

The pressure does still exist and always will when playing for Rangers. There is clearly a different level of challenge and intensity at this juncture but I still genuinely believe that for any player it is a completely different world as soon as they pull on the blue jersey. I am not saying that the 2 players you mentioned would not be better than what we have but the dynamic of coming to a big club like Rangers means there are no guarantees. Remember, we were only able to sign what was available in what was a fairly restrictive timeframe.

The pressure does still exist and always will when playing for Rangers. There is clearly a different level of challenge and intensity at this juncture but I still genuinely believe that for any player it is a completely different world as soon as they pull on the blue jersey. I am not saying that the 2 players you mentioned would not be better than what we have but the dynamic of coming to a big club like Rangers means there are no guarantees. Remember, we were only able to sign what was available in what was a fairly restrictive timeframe.

i dont believe it does. we have had several humiliating defeats since ally took over and incredibly he is still in charge. there has been absolutely zero progression as a football team in almost 2 years and the management team are still here. several first team stars have let the fans, club and manager down so many times this year and are still guaranteed their game.

every player has a price at any time of the year mate. guys like mcgregor and boyd would not have commanded much of a fee. the lad easton from berwick was available for free. we had plenty time to sign suitable signings but we didnt plan anything and we didnt scout anyone. our transfer dealings under neil murray and ally mcoist have been nothing short of appalling.

the sfa gave us a life line in the summer, a window to sort ourselves out until we could sign again, we made a complete arse of that chance.