Rangers can seal a 'Bosman' transfer to English League, says legal expert

We are not ready club structure wise to move we are a shambles this should only be thought about when we have the proper structure in place to actually have a right good go at it.

How many EPL and Championship teams are ready structure wise - or better than we are? Just out of interest.

The EPL is the ultimate aim but we'd never be parachuted into there right away.

Football is not a stable game these days, like it or not.

The odd good run but is the last 16 then getting beat really challenging? As for Celtic beating Juventus. :lol:

I can honestly say I felt that way about the game here for a while even when we were winning the trophies. More money yes but also more prestige. Look at Bradford, League 2 side yet they've got a brilliant day at Wembley coming up.

oh right, thats ok then. so where are being parachuted into then?

not stable in what ways? the biggest and richest clubs are still winning everything. jsut because clueless chairman jump on the managerial merry go round does not mean that is how we should do things. has constantly changing the manager ever worked for any club?

getting beyond the last 16 is the challenge. its huge news and big business. they laughed at me too when i said they would beat barcelona! :(

bradford are a shambles of a club, one lucky year when they happen to have a very decent manager, when he goes, its back to normal for them. there is no prestige in ending up a portsmouth or leeds i am afraid and frankly that is how our club have been run for the last 2 decades, even this year costly financial mistakes are being made. we just cant seem to get away from them.

I thought it was fairly clear we'd have to start in the conference leagues somewhere.

not at all, murray wanted straight into the top tier as have we always, the top league has always been the talk. there was never any talk of lower leagues until we were desperately looking for somewhere to play last summer.

bradford are a shambles of a club, one lucky year when they happen to have a very decent manager, when he goes, its back to normal for them. there is no prestige in ending up a portsmouth or leeds i am afraid and frankly that is how our club have been run for the last 2 decades, even this year costly financial mistakes are being made. we just cant seem to get away from them.

For your Portsmouth or Leeds I give you an Everton or Swansea. And our club is far bigger than them so much more chance of eventually going the step further.

Your being serious right. :(

Well, I just wonder where the idea that all top two tier English teams are run prudently comes from. Or better than we are. As we apparently have folk with all the insight into our failings, I wonder whether anyone has info about the English sides too. Makes any debate much easier.

absolute rubbish. scotland is one of the most important and the most famous nation on the planet.

Important and famous? Kuz? Have you ever actually met anyone from abroad? 95% of the world's population outside of Europe have never heard of Scotland and 99% have no idea it's a country. Most Europeans could probably find us on a map, but outside of bagpipes, tartan and whisky they know nothing about us and care even less.

Celtic has developed a fanbase in a number of countries around the world, including Japan since 2005, when Japanese international Shunsuke Nakamura joined the club.

And that 'fanbase' disappeared like snow off a dyke as soon as he left them. The last Tokyo CSC club awards was in 2009 and the last picture, of two guys holding a pint, was two years ago. The Tokyo CSC, membership: 5, probably consists of a couple of English language teachers and their better students.

In 2009, marketing agency, Sports Revolution reported that there were an estimated seven million Celtic supporters in Japan alone.

Utter fantasy. There were possibly 7 million Nakamura supporters. But then, there were 7 million supporters of Nakata - a player I'll almost guarantee you know nothing about without googling. And that's not a pop at you, just saying that 7 million Japanese are not interested in the slightest about Celtic or whichever team Nakata played for (clue, it was a minor Italian outfit which had more fans in Japan that it did in Italy - and as soon as Nakata left, so did any Japanese interest) - they are interest solely and entirely in the Japanese player - and if he's not playing, they are totally disinterested in the game.

There are Celtic supporters clubs in South Korea, Sweden, Denmark and Norway while the club's profile in Kenya has been boosted by a team in Nairobi. Kibera Celtic, who were inspired by Celtic's charitable roots and use the profits from football to fund charitable initiatives in Kenya and throughout Africa.

And like all OF supporters clubs they consist of workers there on a temporary basis or middle aged ex-pats and a loose collection of their pals up for a drink and a bit of something different. The number of real local supporters of Rangers or Celtic can be counted without taking your socks off. Contrast this to ManU, Barca, Real etc - where there are *real* local supporters in their hundreds and thousands.

After the signing of Emilio Izaguirre in 2010, Hector Zelaya, the general manager of Izaguirre's former club Motagua, said that Izaguirre had sparked "Celtic mania" in Honduras and that many people now supported them.

See above. And if Honduras is excited about a left back in a Mickey Mouse league in a country nobody has heard of, they must be peeing themselves about Wigan Athletic and Stoke city, where there are players playing who people *have* actually heard of in the world's top league.

In 2003 it was estimated that Celtic had a fanbase of one million in the United States and Canada.

So, one seventh of the size of their Japanese fanbase of two guys and a pint, then?

Recent research by Capita Consulting in conjunction with Cranfield Institute revealed that the club had a worldwide fan base of nine million, of which one million were in the US and Canada.[/i]

You were saying mate?

9 million worldwide fans; 7 million of whom are Japanese who have forgotten that Celtic exist, one million coffin dodgers in the Americas and one million unnamed 'others'.

You really would have to have had too much Guiness to believe that nonsense.

Now contrast that with estimated 700 million fans of Man Utd worldwide. Even if, for the sake of argument, we accept that Celtic had 9 million fans, that still makes them 1/70th the size of Man U.

Now, what was that you were saying about their potential?

For your Portsmouth or Leeds I give you an Everton or Swansea. And our club is far bigger than them so much more chance of eventually going the step further.

everton run year to year on the brink of complete meltdown. when moyes goes, they will suffer. i do not want my club being run year to year, we have had enough of that crap.

swansea are lucky in that they have a footballing ethos and style ingrained in the club. we do not. they play football, we play anti football.

size of club matters not a jot as leeds will show us.

Important and famous? Kuz? Have you ever actually met anyone from abroad? 95% of the world's population outside of Europe have never heard of Scotland and 99% have no idea it's a country. Most Europeans could probably find us on a map, but outside of bagpipes, tartan and whisky they know nothing about us and care even less.

have you actually spoken to 95% of the worlds population?

And that 'fanbase' disappeared like snow off a dyke as soon as he left them. The last Tokyo CSC club awards was in 2009 and the last picture, of two guys holding a pint, was two years ago. The Tokyo CSC, membership: 5, probably consists of a couple of English language teachers and their better students.

i wouldnt know, did you look it up? :D in any case, their name is still there and in the minds of football fans in asia, as it will be because of ki and cha too.

Utter fantasy. There were possibly 7 million Nakamura supporters. But then, there were 7 million supporters of Nakata - a player I'll almost guarantee you know nothing about without googling. And that's not a pop at you, just saying that 7 million Japanese are not interested in the slightest about Celtic or whichever team Nakata played for (clue, it was a minor Italian outfit which had more fans in Japan that it did in Italy - and as soon as Nakata left, so did any Japanese interest) - they are interest solely and entirely in the Japanese player - and if he's not playing, they are totally disinterested in the game.

who doesnt know nakata? he was a class act. of course i know of him. always signed him in champ man when i was a kid!

And like all OF supporters clubs they consist of workers there on a temporary basis or middle aged ex-pats and a loose collection of their pals up for a drink and a bit of something different. The number of real local supporters of Rangers or Celtic can be counted without taking your socks off. Contrast this to ManU, Barca, Real etc - where there are *real* local supporters in their hundreds and thousands.

glory hunters. i wont argue with that nor do i disagree with it.

See above. And if Honduras is excited about a left back in a Mickey Mouse league in a country nobody has heard of, they must be peeing themselves about Wigan Athletic and Stoke city, where there are players playing who people *have* actually heard of in the world's top league.

you are so disrespectful.

So, one seventh of the size of their Japanese fanbase of two guys and a pint, then?

9 million worldwide fans; 7 million of whom are Japanese who have forgotten that Celtic exist, one million coffin dodgers in the Americas and one million unnamed 'others'.

You really would have to have had too much Guiness to believe that nonsense.

i dont, i only posted a link to a description of their worldwide fanbase, its certainly bigger than you think.

Now contrast that with estimated 700 million fans of Man Utd worldwide. Even if, for the sake of argument, we accept that Celtic had 9 million fans, that still makes them 1/70th the size of Man U.

by the same token, not a chance in hell to do man utd have 700 million fans lmfao

Now, what was that you were saying about their potential?

they are more ready for any such move than us and in being so have more potential to be successful there much quicker than us.