Rangers can seal a 'Bosman' transfer to English League, says legal expert

Well I must admit I may agree with him on that. But the witch hunt on Ally is reaching ridicules proportions.

I am no Ally" the manager" lover and didn't want him as manager from the beginning but things are now becoming embarrassing. We play 3rd division football every week. There is a huge gap between it and the SPL even although we don't want to admit it. If you climb Ben Nevis every week does that mean you can climb Mount Everest. Yes our players have larger wages but that is more through circumstances as is the fact we are playing in the 3rd division. The fact is we play 3rd division football and are now used to that pace. Playing an SPL team is like getting hit by a hurricane. Blame Ally for his crazy team selections but as long as we are playing in the 3rd division we will be the underdogs against SPL opponents.

then why dont we pay 3rd division wages then? you cant just say we are paying players 5,6, 7, 10 grand a week through circumstance for goodness sake! green allowed ally such a high wage budget so he could compete with spl teams when we met them.

I'd much prefer to be playing in England but think that the OP is slightly flawed. If we were to win the court case then the FA would allow us to join the bottom rung of English football. I'm not sure what that is but it's below level 11. "Below Level 11 the pyramid becomes regional and the cups become accordingly regional. Further down the pyramid is split on a county basis".

They could allow us to join at a level 12 or 13. Would we be willing to do that and work our way up over a 12-13 year period? I doubt that. It's far too long and the club would suffer and it's basically a non-starter.

then why dont we pay 3rd division wages then? you cant just say we are paying players 5,6, 7, 10 grand a week through circumstance for goodness sake! green allowed ally such a high wage budget so he could compete with spl teams when we met them.

I think this has been discussed in another thread. We had no idea until the last day where we would be playing. Players that had contracts kept the same terms to stay on. We could have possibly ripped up all contracts but Green thought player value was worth more I would imagine. Unfortunately he was proved wrong and players walked away. We do not have the wage bill for the 3rd division although if you say it often enough it may become a fact

I think this has been discussed in another thread. We had no idea until the last day where we would be playing. Players that had contracts kept the same terms to stay on. We could have possibly ripped up all contracts but Green thought player value was worth more I would imagine. Unfortunately he was proved wrong and players walked away. We do not have the wage bill for the 3rd division although if you say it often enough it may become a fact

are you for real? it was never going to be the spl. we knew it was the 3rd division all along for anyone to expect or think otherwise is just wrong. i am not talking about mcculloch, boca, goian, wallace and alexander. we kept the ones worth nothing, wallace aside and all the valuable assets walked for nothing. i have already said more than once the wage budget was allowed so we could compete for the 3 domestic cups as well as the league. look how that turned out eh!

are you for real? it was never going to be the spl. we knew it was the 3rd division all along for anyone to expect or think otherwise is just wrong. i am not talking about mcculloch, boca, goian, wallace and alexander. we kept the ones worth nothing, wallace aside and all the valuable assets walked for nothing. i have already said more than once the wage budget was allowed so we could compete for the 3 domestic cups as well as the league. look how that turned out eh!

Hindsight is a great club, eh? But as has been said somewhere else, as soon as we had the SFL 3 scenario confirmed, we should have slashed the wage bill, freed all the high-earners and signed SFL-material (preferrably freebies!) to get us promotion, shouldn't we? Paying peanut wages to those who remained, youngsters inlcuded - who would obviously all be good enough to beat the SFL-part-timers. Business-wise very sensible indeed. If you look at it from an admin's point of view. But not if you want to attract 30k season ticket holders. And to think that we can go for three cups this season was not a touch too ambitious either, nope ...

Hindsight is a great club, eh? But as has been said somewhere else, as soon as we had the SFL 3 scenario confirmed, we should have slashed the wage bill, freed all the high-earners and signed SFL-material (preferrably freebies!) to get us promotion, shouldn't we? Paying peanut wages to those who remained, youngsters inlcuded - who would obviously all be good enough to beat the SFL-part-timers. Business-wise very sensible indeed. If you look at it from an admin's point of view. But not if you want to attract 30k season ticket holders. And to think that we can go for three cups this season was not a touch too ambitious either, nope ...

i agree about slashing wages, we should have but mccoist and green honestly thought we could do damage in the cups. we cant just free high earners, they need to accept pay offs or be sold. no one wants a lee mcculloch or a neil alexander on the wages we pay them. we were stuck with them. adding to them is the problem.

why not get as many season book holders? fans wanted to buy into our youth policy and watching our kids become footballers, we have done for years. we dont want to see mercenaries who cant kick their own arses. i believe we would have got as many season ticket holders had we told the support we were going with youth but as usual, rangers, we were full of moonbeams. signing spl players here, beating spl clubs there to this player and that player. we want a domestic cup. all the rest of it.

3 cups, to compete at the very business end of them, in scotland, with more money to spend on better players than every other club in the country with one exception, not ambitious at all, more an expectation i would say given our lavish resources compared to everyone else.

I see the head in sand brigade are out in force. :)

If we leave or not we should only do it from the top if the pile not moaning about when we are the bottom looking up, and the last thing I would just now is a game against the Tims its bad enough getting beat by them without getting humiliated at the same time.

what sort of pathetic accusation is that from a mod, sorry super mod?

........we would never again be able to live with or compete with celtic. they have the potential to become the new man utd ....

Really? And upon what is this potential based? Nobody outside of Europe has ever heard of Scotland (and most of them are only vaguely aware of where or what it is), far less Glasgow and especially not the city's second team. So what, other than the Janefield Street marketing department, would make you think they would become the new Man Utd?

Really? And upon what is this potential based? Nobody outside of Europe has ever heard of Scotland (and most of them are only vaguely aware of where or what it is), far less Glasgow and especially not the city's second team. So what, other than the Janefield Street marketing department, would make you think they would become the new Man Utd?

absolute rubbish. scotland is one of the most important and the most famous nation on the planet.

Celtic has developed a fanbase in a number of countries around the world, including Japan since 2005, when Japanese international Shunsuke Nakamura joined the club. In 2009, marketing agency, Sports Revolution reported that there were an estimated seven million Celtic supporters in Japan alone.There are Celtic supporters clubs in South Korea, Sweden, Denmark and Norway while the club's profile in Kenya has been boosted by a team in Nairobi. Kibera Celtic, who were inspired by Celtic's charitable roots and use the profits from football to fund charitable initiatives in Kenya and throughout Africa. After the signing of Emilio Izaguirre in 2010, Hector Zelaya, the general manager of Izaguirre's former club Motagua, said that Izaguirre had sparked "Celtic mania" in Honduras and that many people now supported them. In 2003 it was estimated that Celtic had a fanbase of one million in the United States and Canada. In 2002, former Rangers F.C. director Hugh Adam claimed that Celtic were "the best-supported football club in North America" and that the club's "Irish connection" was a determinant factor in their popularity. In 2004, The Sunday Times, when commentating on several European teams who were touring in the U.S at the time, stated that clubs such as Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United attracted support in the United States only when touring the country. In contrast, Celtic were said to "have such a strong pre-existing relationship with a huge expatriate following here that their support will endure." There are over 60 Celtic supporters clubs in North America and nearly half of all U.S states have a Celtic supporters club. Celtic have developed supporters clubs in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere

Then there is this http://www.scotsman.com/business/media-and-leisure/celtic-to-launch-credit-card-for-us-fans-1-1291697

Recent research by Capita Consulting in conjunction with Cranfield Institute revealed that the club had a worldwide fan base of nine million, of which one million were in the US and Canada.

You were saying mate?

Edited by kuznetsov