Rangers can seal a 'Bosman' transfer to English League, says legal expert

I read about this same approach a few weeks back and iirc the idea is that if we were to base the case upon us having been refused entry for around a decade then a ruling in our favour would take this into account and request we be admitted at an appropriately higher level.

That's assuming we would have got promotion every year, which a court would not be able to assume.

Plus did we actually make a formal application 10 years ago? I doubt that we did and as such a court could not take that into account either.

That's assuming we would have got promotion every year, which a court would not be able to assume.

Plus did we actually make a formal application 10 years ago? I doubt that we did and as such a court could not take that into account either.

we may have, michael ball said david murray was anal about getting us down south round about that time and he actually promised the kid it was only a matter of time, you would think he had made moves back then to make it happen if he was so sure of it.

Ahhh, my bad. I skim read and got to what I thought was the point of your post without regard to the other piece. In my flimsy defence I was heading out the door to have lunch with my currently crippled wife.

I dont like us throwing around Timmy accusations and I think that was bad form from pete, although he was presumably posting as a member rather than moderator at that point :P - and it seems he thinks you are a Tim :( - I didnt see you calling for a complaint or action though Kuz.....

That said, I still dont see that they have any more potential other than us, although the size of stadium COULD provide them that. I will, however, grant you that they are currently head and shoulders above us. But given we have a new regime in place they do need time. Lest we forget that when the bunnet stepped outside Parkhead they were absolutely MILES behind us.... and they reversed that trend in a reasonable timeframe. Nothing to suggest we couldnt either. We are suffering from years of malfeasance, malpractice, mismanagement, lack of vision and a plethora of other faults. Hopefully the new regime will reverse that trend.

Sorry for using your post Craig but I would like to know where I called anyone a Tim.

My pick of words was your beautiful Celtic. I never mentioned for a second I thought Kuznetsov was a tim.

Kuznetsof has just had a number of posts telling us how Celtics 60.000 seater stadium is better than ours, how they have a bigger fan base than us, and how their management team are better than ours. Maybe I should not have said his beautiful Celtic but his better than us Celtic

Troll (Internet), an internet term for a person who, through willful action, attempts to disrupt a community or garner attention and controversy through provocative messages.

Be it the McCoist bashing or the love-in for the Hooped Horrors, clad under the guise of "facts" or battering the rest with the "excuses" club.

Find it strange that you don't see a problem calling us Ally Bashers, but get the Troll out when you are called the excuses club.

Swings both ways and if you think we at the moment are anywhere near Celtic on any football or business level then your head really is in the sand and they have won already.

Maybe you should stop looking at us through blue tinted specs.

A) ... as you don't hail the Hooped Horrors and bash Ally, you weren't obviously meant; and b) the word club did not refer to an "organisation" et al. Next time I'll use cudgel.

Again, I asked for insight where they are better and where these English are supposedly better. The only thing these clubs have in common is that they get bucket-loads of money that have hardly anything to do with their fanbase or their brilliant business set-up or youth work. Especially with the Hooped Horrors I would like to learn more, not just some "hollow words" that are bound to provoke reaction like the above.

A) ... as you don't hail the Hooped Horrors and bash Ally, you weren't obviously meant; and b) the word club did not refer to an "organisation" et al. Next time I'll use cudgel.

Again, I asked for insight where they are better and where these English are supposedly better. The only thing these clubs have in common is that they get bucket-loads of money that have hardly anything to do with their fanbase or their brilliant business set-up or youth work. Especially with the Hooped Horrors I would like to learn more, not just some "hollow words" that are bound to provoke reaction like the above.

Right lets get away from the Troll bit it's pointless.

On the Celtic bit they are miles ahead of us at the moment, it hurts to say it but they are. Business wise they have a firm grip on everything they do and they have one of the best youth set ups in the country. They could slip into the EPL and hold their own mid table, we would struggle at conference level at the moment.

I usuall dislike to disect postings, but ...

On the Celtic bit they are miles ahead of us at the moment, it hurts to say it but they are. Business wise they have a firm grip on everything they do ...

And that shows exactly how? They have been running at a loss these last two seasons and if you take the CL money out, they will most likely be in even deeper dire straits after missing out on 4 or more OF games.

... and they have one of the best youth set ups in the country.

Which - again - has shown itself exactly how? Their squad of 30odd first teamers is not exactly riddled with youth products, nor has it been for years. At least not more than that of any other club in the country - most of which are essentially forced to play their youngsters.

They could slip into the EPL and hold their own mid table, we would struggle at conference level at the moment.

Obviously, our current state is no fair comparison and I for one would hesitate to wield it in any argument about their "better" setup.

They run a manageable debt, the same as we were doing until Whyte. We have been saying for years not long till Celtic pop I'm still waiting for it to happen and with 4 years of CL money almost in the bag it ain't going to happen.

You could've laid that same accusation at us in the past when we had some of the best young players in the country, take it from me I've spoke to a couple of Auchenhowie parents I know, we are a shambles, players being asked to pay for there strips and boots, any lad wants to go away with Rangers to a tournament the parents have to pay for the privilege, jeez I've got two boys who play for the local team and their away to Holland in a few weeks at no cost to me what so ever. Players turning away from Rangers in their droves and most are heading to Celtic or other better than us SPL teams.

As for the team comparison it's probably not fair at the moment but it shows just how far we have fallen, and how much we have to climb back it isn't a quick 4 years and we will win a title again that's for sure.

take it from me I've spoke to a couple of Auchenhowie parents I know, we are a shambles, players being asked to pay for there strips and boots, any lad wants to go away with Rangers to a tournament the parents have to pay for the privilege,

If these things are true, then we need to try to get something done about it because that's not acceptable.